NBC Sports EDGE Forums

First auction help?

AlexxelA

Anyone have good $ rankings for a 10 team league?  I found some on Razzball that are recent but those player prices, at least for the top players, are a good amount lower than all the mocks I've done.  They have a top price of $45 for Acuna/Bellinger, but in all my mocks the top 3-4 guys were all minimum $50. 

Would these be accurate?  https://razzball.com/playerrater-preseason-yahoomlb10/  Just trying to figure out a good starting point since I have never done auction before and this week I draft...thanks guys.

In the same way that normal numeric rankings suggest where a player's draft slot might be, but your context can make you reach for him, $ values for Auction are really just suggestions.

Part of the game with auctions is WHO Are you willing to OVERpay for and by how much?  Knowing where you're going to have holes as you build out the roster if you drop $50+ on Bellinger AND Acuna.

A quick eyeball of that link makes me think it's bout as useful as any.  Some numbers stand out, but that's the case in a lot of Auction Valuations.