NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade for Hockenson? (WHIR!)

12 team PPR, 1 QB.  Keep a minimum of eight.  You can keep more by giving back your earliest picks.  I have no 1st or 2nd round pick, so if I kept a ninth player, it would cost me my third rounder.  A tenth player would cost my fourth rounder, etc.  Roster:

Murray, Rodgers

Barkley, Mostert, Guice, Kerryon, Hill (will be cut)

Woods, Metcalf, Hollywood, Boyd, Preston Williams, AB (will be cut)

Engram, Cook

I'm trying to trade Rodgers.  Failing that, I'll cut him and keep Murray.  I made a panic trade for Engram last season that blew up in my face, but am not necessarily attached to him.  Cook is old.  Given my lack of early picks, and intriguing depth at WR, I'm thinking better to make the trades I can, then keep as many as possible and just take a few late round flyers.

So, thoughts on Hockenson?  I know the hype was huge last year, and TEs take a year or two to come into their own.  Do we still believe?  Do we believe Detroit will use him right?  His fantasy owner has him on the block and is looking for RB help.  Would you give Guice or Kerryon if the other owner would accept?

Leave your link!

10 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Murray, Rodgers

Engram, Cook

The rest I'm not interested in.

Can you try to get high pick back by trading say Guice+Kerryon?

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

The rest I'm not interested in.

Can you try to get high pick back by trading say Guice+Kerryon?

Just curious with your suggested keepers. If I can’t deal Rodgers, why keep him in a 1 QB league?  I don’t usually even roster two QBs, so I’m apprehensive to use a keeper on someone who (hopefully) would only be a one time bye week replacement. 

16 hours ago, Bandito said:

12 team PPR, 1 QB.  Keep a minimum of eight.  You can keep more by giving back your earliest picks.  I have no 1st or 2nd round pick, so if I kept a ninth player, it would cost me my third rounder.  A tenth player would cost my fourth rounder, etc.  Roster:

Murray, Rodgers

Engram, Cook

I'm trying to trade Rodgers.  Failing that, I'll cut him and keep Murray.  I made a panic trade for Engram last season that blew up in my face, but am not necessarily attached to him.  Cook is old.  Given my lack of early picks, and intriguing depth at WR, I'm thinking better to make the trades I can, then keep as many as possible and just take a few late round flyers.

So, thoughts on Hockenson?  I know the hype was huge last year, and TEs take a year or two to come into their own.  Do we still believe?  Do we believe Detroit will use him right?  His fantasy owner has him on the block and is looking for RB help.  Would you give Guice or Kerryon if the other owner would accept?

Leave your link!

Love buying low on Hockenson

TEs always take time and he was one of the highest graded TE prospects in recent history on a team that has only 1 WR (a 5th round rookie) signed through 2021 (will probably be 2 once Golladay re-signs but still)

I'd move Kerryon in a heartbeat and probably Guice as well

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

Love buying low on Hockenson

TEs always take time and he was one of the highest graded TE prospects in recent history on a team that has only 1 WR (a 5th round rookie) signed through 2021 (will probably be 2 once Golladay re-signs but still)

I'd move Kerryon in a heartbeat and probably Guice as well

Thanks!  Go Royals!

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Murray, Rodgers, Barkley, Woods, Metcalf, Hollywood, Boyd, Preston Williams 

Keep those 8 and pass on that deal. Ya already got two TE's 

Where does he have 2 TEs in the players you chose?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Murray, Rodgers, Barkley, Woods, Metcalf, Hollywood, Boyd, Preston Williams 

Keep those 8 and pass on that deal. Ya already got two TE's 

Well, if I keep these eight players, I won't have ANY TEs, will I?

9 hours ago, Bandito said:

Just curious with your suggested keepers. If I can’t deal Rodgers, why keep him in a 1 QB league?  I don’t usually even roster two QBs, so I’m apprehensive to use a keeper on someone who (hopefully) would only be a one time bye week replacement. 

Yeah I was a bit quick and read only half your post, my bad. I approve of trading a QB for whatever you can get.

I'm not sure that Hock can be a top tier TE yet though. If he is your backup TE and you're willing to keep him for the future that's great, but I assume for 2020 you will need at least another one.

Still, I think last season you told us that you can trade players for picks, right? Wouldn't you prefer to do that?

• Thanks 1

Murray, Barkley, Mostert, Woods, Metcalf, Hollywood, Boyd and Engram would be my keepers.

some question marks currently on Mostert regarding his contract but would be surprised if they aren’t worked out to a certain degree before whenever the season commences. Everyone goes on about how great Shanahan’s system is for rbs which is true but this guy has gradually been showing over the past 2 seasons from way back on the depth chart how much more effective he was than the other backs ahead of him. If they don’t get resolved I’d consider keeping Preston over him but right now the way Mostert ran last season when given the opportunity was magnificent and you have no one else behind Barkley really. 

• Thanks 1

I see 6 easy choices in Murray, Barkley, Woods, DK, Hollywood and Boyd.  I'm probably leaning towards the high upside guys, Mostert and Engram with the last 2 selections.

I'm probably not trading for Hock even though he was one of my favorite players in the 2019 draft.  Don't see him having much more upside than a healthy Engram and he's still not 100% recovered from the ankle issue that ended his season early last year.

I'm not cutting AB until the last possible second before cuts have to happen.  He's a lunatic that is going to have to play for cheap but I think there are still a couple teams sniffing around him.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

I see 6 easy choices in Murray, Barkley, Woods, DK, Hollywood and Boyd.  I'm probably leaning towards the high upside guys, Mostert and Engram with the last 2 selections.

I'm probably not trading for Hock even though he was one of my favorite players in the 2019 draft.  Don't see him having much more upside than a healthy Engram and he's still not 100% recovered from the ankle issue that ended his season early last year.

I'm not cutting AB until the last possible second before cuts have to happen.  He's a lunatic that is going to have to play for cheap but I think there are still a couple teams sniffing around him.

Agree with your comments on AB. Would be better than some of those other keepers for sure. Very puzzling that it’s been around 14 months and still haven’t handed down a suspension. What else do they need to gather? Surely the suspension has to be at least the Kareem Hunt level of 8 games which may be too much to keep.

On 7/21/2020 at 11:34 PM, Bandito said:

Murray, Rodgers

Engram, Cook

Leave your link!

Keep 8 minimum...wow. My for-sure keepers would be: Murray, Barkley, Mostert, Woods, Metcalf, Hollywood, Boyd. That's seven guys right there, and I don't know that I'd want Hock to be my 8th keeper. I'd rather take a chance on Guice, Williams, or Engram, tbh. If the Hock owner will take Kerryon, then make that deal because then it gives you time and the ability to study some more and see if you really want to take him as your 8th keeper. Kerryon isn't an option to keep, imho, so he'd be an easy guy to trade. I wouldn't necessarily trade Guice for him because Guice might be my 8th keeper out of that group. 

Out of curiosity, what does a starting lineup look for you in this league? Typical QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FL? 

Help with mine? 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Out of curiosity, what does a starting lineup look for you in this league? Typical QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FL? 

Exactly. Plus D/ST. No kickers. 

21 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Exactly. Plus D/ST. No kickers. 

Then I'd see if that guy would swap Hock for Kerryon, and then think over whether you want to keep Hock or Guice as your final keeper. I'd probably lean Guice just because I think his ceiling is high...though his floor is equally low. 

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't trade Guice. He has the potential to be the guy in Washington and health is the only obstacle.

Kerryon I would be fine moving. Hock has some talent but it takes TE a few years to really get going. I'd also be fine with the TE you have heading into the season.

• Thanks 1