NBC Sports Edge Forums

Superflex keeper league... who to keep

Who should I keep out of OBJ, Wentz or Brees.

• 12 team SUPERFLEX league
  • 3 keepers with a Practice squad player are kept.
  • Keeping 2 high end RBs and Anthony Miller as my redshirt
  • This is the first year of the Superflex and there will probably be 8-10 QBs kept

WHIR!!

5 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

Practice squad player

Is this like a taxi squad, meaning you can park them there while they're developing?

5 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

Anthony Miller as my redshirt

How does this work? 

Edited by Boudewijn
16 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Is this like a taxi squad, meaning you can park them there while they're developing?

How does this work? 

I assumed you can taxi someone only if they are in their 2nd year? Good question i wasnt sure about either.

8 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

Who should I keep out of OBJ, Wentz or Brees.

• 12 team SUPERFLEX league
  • 3 keepers with a Practice squad player are kept.
  • Keeping 2 high end RBs and Anthony Miller as my redshirt
  • This is the first year of the Superflex and there will probably be 8-10 QBs kept

WHIR!!

Wentz

12 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

How does this work? 

We use it a developmental position.  Place them on CBS's practice squad slot to be carried there for the entire season.  If you want to activate the player, you have to drop a player on your active roster.  If you want to use him as your 4th keeper, he's got to stay on the PS all year.  Players in their first 3 years of NFL service are eligible.  

33 minutes ago, kevinwayne20 said:

We use it a developmental position.  Place them on CBS's practice squad slot to be carried there for the entire season.  If you want to activate the player, you have to drop a player on your active roster.  If you want to use him as your 4th keeper, he's got to stay on the PS all year.  Players in their first 3 years of NFL service are eligible.  

Ok, makes sense, and Miller as the redshirt? This is then also a type of keeper? I'm a bit confused as he is already a 2rd year receiver. Was he a redshirt for you in 2019 and now eligible, or will he be your 4th keeper this season and red-shirting 2020?

Thanks for explaining, I always love these little somewhat uncommon wrinkles.

Btw yes in Superflex you're probably keeping your QB. I'm not that confident in Wentz, so if you have another QB that might also be an option.

Just now, Boudewijn said:

Ok, makes sense, and Miller as the redshirt? This is then also a type of keeper? I'm a bit confused as he is already a 2rd year receiver. Was he a redshirt for you in 2019 and now eligible, or will he be your 4th keeper this season and red-shirting 2020?

Thanks for explaining, I always love these little somewhat uncommon wrinkles.

Btw yes in Superflex you're probably keeping your QB. I'm not that confident in Wentz, so if you have another QB that might also be an option.

I was high on Anthony Miller last year.  You have to designate a redshirt prior to the start of the season.  He will be my 4th keeper this coming season.

I've got Wentz and Brees rostered right now.  I'm scared off by Wentz's WR core a lil right now so I'm leaning towards Brees.  

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, kevinwayne20 said:

I've got Wentz and Brees rostered right now.  I'm scared off by Wentz's WR core a lil right now so I'm leaning towards Brees.  

You could do worse than Brees, but note that since 2017 he's hucked the ball only 32 times a game (as opposed to 40 times before). His accuracy is still the same, so that's good, but then they also paid Taysom Hill a decent chunk of money, and it's not impossible they'll let him play some (parts of) games.

With that in mind, I might snub the future HoFer and keep Wentz after all. 

21 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

not a fan of obj but he holds more value than wentz or brees if its half or full ppr. 4 pt pass td?

even with superflex.

I agree. I’m keeping OBJ out of that lot. If you said that at most 10 qbs will be kept that leaves 20 reasonable starters including Wentz and Brees. There is a few iffy options after that. Just means when you do the draft will likely need to take 2qbs with first 3 picks. 

4 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

not a fan of obj but he holds more value than wentz or brees if its half or full ppr. 4 pt pass td?

even with superflex.

Def not, at least in the scoring SF I play in. Wentz and Brees will pop up 20 points per game in their sleep (and be consistent)...the old OBJ might get near that but not last year, or likely going forward. My scoring (4 pt per TD) the likes of: Goff, Carr, Cousins, Fitz, Rivers, Minshew, Brees, Tannehill, Brissett, Dalton and even Trubisky outscored Odell...

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Def not, at least in the scoring SF I play in. Wentz and Brees will pop up 20 points per game in their sleep (and be consistent)...the old OBJ might get near that but not last year, or likely going forward. My scoring (4 pt per TD) the likes of: Goff, Carr, Cousins, Fitz, Rivers, Minshew, Brees, Tannehill, Brissett, Dalton and even Trubisky outscored Odell...

i think ur way off here. odb going top 30 in almost every format. no way would brees or wentz go top 30 even in superflex.

On 7/24/2020 at 9:17 PM, colepenhagen said:

i think ur way off here. odb going top 30 in almost every format. no way would brees or wentz go top 30 even in superflex.

You really think a wr will consistently out score a qb? Just look at the scoring leaders from any year and the top are usually QBs

50 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

You really think a wr will consistently out score a qb? Just look at the scoring leaders from any year and the top are usually QBs

never said that. i said if we were to draft a super flex league obj will go way before wentz and brees. and that makes him more valuable

plenty of good qbs rd 5-7 in superflex