NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nate Pearson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Passed his debut with flying colors. Got stronger as the game went on and finished that last inning with a flurry. First time through the order he was throwing nothing but FB/Slider, and was sitting 9

I'm having Kluber flashbacks.

All my other pitchers have been getting murdered, so I’m assuming that the same thing will happen to Nate.  I know that’s not very scientific.  I’ll go 2 2/3 IP with 6 earned runs allowed and 3 Ks.

Looking forward to seeing his debut. Will go with a conservative guess of 5 IP. 6 H, 3 ER, 2 BB. 5 K. Professional MLB hitters can hit 100, but it's the mixing in of other stuff and health that ultimately makes or breaks guys as a SP or if they eventually become RP.

2 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Has anybody confirmed or said anything about him starting on Wednesday other than Jamie Campbell?  He's the same person that reported it last week was just hoping others would've said something by now.

Yes.  The Blue Jays have.  That a good enough source for ya.

Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo has confirmed that RHP prospect Nate Pearson will make his MLB debut on Wednesday against the Nationals.

Jamie Campbell of Sportsnet.ca was first to report the news on Monday, and now it's basically official. Pearson registered a sharp 2.30 ERA, 0.885 WHIP, and 119/27 K/BB ratio in 101 2/3 innings last season in the minors and is well-equipped to deliver useful fantasy numbers against the better lineups in the majors. The 23-year-old should be rostered and started for Wednesday's big matchup versus the reigning World Series champions.

Source: Shi Davidi on Twitter         Jul 27, 2020, 9:50 PM ET

12 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Has anybody confirmed or said anything about him starting on Wednesday other than Jamie Campbell?  He's the same person that reported it last week was just hoping others would've said something by now.

Yes his mom confirmed he's starting Wednesday. That's enough for me. 

5 hours ago, ryno1980 said:

Excited but might wait to see how this start plays out before deploying him. [...]

It's a 60 game season.  No waiting around twiddling your thumbs on star prospects this year.  Especially starting pitchers with far far fewer than 60 games they can play in.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dfstout said:

Happy Perfect Pearson Day

27 up 27 down 27 Ks

Use pen and mark it down!

Hey now, I’m ultra high on Pearson, but only one man in the history of baseball has ever accomplished the 27 up, 27 down - all by way of the punch out - in his major league debut: that man being Steve Nebraska. I’m not saying Pearson can’t replicate that feat tonight, cause clearly he’s got more than an outside shot at doing that. What I’m saying is, do you think Pearson can throw a 27 k perfecta AND co-star alongside Pauly Shore in Encino Man too? That’s the real question.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It's a 60 game season.  No waiting around twiddling your thumbs on star prospects this year.  Especially starting pitchers with far far fewer than 60 games they can play in.

Agreed.  I'm starting him with confidence tonight.   

• Like 1