NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nate Pearson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Passed his debut with flying colors. Got stronger as the game went on and finished that last inning with a flurry. First time through the order he was throwing nothing but FB/Slider, and was sitting 9

I'm having Kluber flashbacks.

All my other pitchers have been getting murdered, so I’m assuming that the same thing will happen to Nate.  I know that’s not very scientific.  I’ll go 2 2/3 IP with 6 earned runs allowed and 3 Ks.

Passed his debut with flying colors. Got stronger as the game went on and finished that last inning with a flurry. First time through the order he was throwing nothing but FB/Slider, and was sitting 94-96MPH with the FB. 2nd time through we saw the FB sit 96-98MPH and he started uncorking some filthy changeups and curves. Saw a ton of swing and misses in that 5th inning with him working with all 4 of his pitches

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Blood Brother said:

Passed his debut with flying colors. Got stronger as the game went on and finished that last inning with a flurry. First time through the order he was throwing nothing but FB/Slider, and was sitting 94-96MPH with the FB. 2nd time through we saw the FB sit 96-98MPH and he started uncorking some filthy changeups and curves. Saw a ton of swing and misses in that 5th inning with him working with all 4 of his pitches

effortless and smooth hitting his spots at 98-99. Reminds me of Mark Prior or Roger Clemens. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

He blew my expectations out of the water. I thought he'd have a good outing but feared nerves would cause a few walks and hitters would start getting a handle on him after he went through the order and we'd get a mixed performance. He kept getting stronger. Those last two innings were beautiful. Hype train is going to pick up a lot of steam.

• Like 1

5 innings, 2 hits, 2 walks, 0 runs, 5 K's...and looked good doing it. Not too shabby of a debut for this young stud. Would've been nice if the Jays could've pushed a run across for him to put him in line for a win, but eh, they were facing Scherzer, so not about to get all greedy and complain about that. The take-away here is, this kid looks about as legit as they come. 

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
  • Like 1

Come on guys, he looked good but the Nats haven't been scoring or hitting so far this year...

Other than the nine run game, they have scored five runs in four games and so far zero through seven today (hitting 3-for-24 so far) and in those four losses hitting .207...

Edited by posty
25 minutes ago, posty said:

Come on guys, he looked good but the Nats haven't been scoring or hitting so far this year...

Other than the nine run game, they have scored five runs in four games and so far zero through seven today (hitting 3-for-24 so far) and in those four losses hitting .207...

He took care of business against the lineup in front of him. All you can ask him to do in his first MLB appearance. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

He blew my expectations out of the water. I thought he'd have a good outing but feared nerves would cause a few walks and hitters would start getting a handle on him after he went through the order and we'd get a mixed performance. He kept getting stronger. Those last two innings were beautiful. Hype train is going to pick up a lot of steam.

Mine too. He looked very poised too and completely unphased by any pressure of it being his first start. His follow through reminds me a bit of Clemens...

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ty5592 said:

Lol at people dropping after one start. Good luck finding someone with his upside on waivers 

You’re right. I’m not dropping yet but this is a lineup he should have handled. 
Holding Unless Gore or Matt Manning get called up. 

15 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Lol at people dropping after one start. Good luck finding someone with his upside on waivers 

I could see dropping him in roto redrafts. Figuring out when to start/sit him is going to be tough. All depends on if he's got his stuff that day.