NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nate Pearson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Passed his debut with flying colors. Got stronger as the game went on and finished that last inning with a flurry. First time through the order he was throwing nothing but FB/Slider, and was sitting 9

I'm having Kluber flashbacks.

All my other pitchers have been getting murdered, so I’m assuming that the same thing will happen to Nate.  I know that’s not very scientific.  I’ll go 2 2/3 IP with 6 earned runs allowed and 3 Ks.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:33 AM, ryno1980 said:

He’s had one bad start though. That’s not a trend yet. Smart move is to see how he bounces back. 

No He's only had one good start and 3 bad ones

Probably knew he wasnt feeling right hence the frustration by him on the mound looking uncomfortable 

Blue Jays placed RHP Nate Pearson on the 10-day injured list with right elbow tightness.

It's been a rough rookie season so far for the 23-year-old top pitching prospect, who has struggled to a 6.61 ERA over his first four major league starts and is now facing an extended absence due to elbow trouble. There is currently no timetable for Pearson's potential return to the Blue Jays' rotation, with manager Charlie Montoyo telling reporters Wednesday that the team is "going to be careful with him."

8 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Probably knew he wasnt feeling right hence the frustration by him on the mound looking uncomfortable 

Blue Jays placed RHP Nate Pearson on the 10-day injured list with right elbow tightness.

It's been a rough rookie season so far for the 23-year-old top pitching prospect, who has struggled to a 6.61 ERA over his first four major league starts and is now facing an extended absence due to elbow trouble. There is currently no timetable for Pearson's potential return to the Blue Jays' rotation, with manager Charlie Montoyo telling reporters Wednesday that the team is "going to be careful with him."

The only solace may be is the fact he said he was feeling better in the morning. See what 10 days of rest does.

On 8/21/2020 at 8:28 PM, sagrim said:

I couldn’t find any updates post MRI. It’s eerily quiet. Anyone see anything?

I'm guessing if he is back this year it will be in the pen. They won't want to push it with him. This is good news for his outlook for 2021 though, that's for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1