NBC Sports Edge Forums

4 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Pearson a "must add"?

Depends on your league size, but in general I'd say yes. If he has a good outing and you're not a believer he'll have trade value because the hype will go wild. If he has a good outing and you think it's legit, you've got a good starter! If he's absolutely terrible you move on. The only real downside is using the roster spot for this lottery ticket instead of some other guy. And that's not much of a downside.

Really excited for Stanton vs Orioles and really hoping Yelich puts the bat on the ball! It's gonna be a hot one in Cincinnati, be careful out there Sonny.

Edited by Zeezee
2 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Depends on your league size, but in general I'd say yes. If he has a good outing and you're not a believer he'll have trade value because the hype will go wild. If he has a good outing and you think it's legit, you've got a good starter! If he's absolutely terrible you move on. The only real downside is using the roster spot for this lottery ticket instead of some other guy. And that's not much of a downside.

Someone beat me to it.  I've been holding Spencer Howard.  It's tough holding these guys with such a short season.  Roster spots are more gold than ever.

22 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Go Woodruff!  Go Gray!  Go Hendricks!

Why does Hendricks have to pitch against one of my other pitchers for the second time already?

Why does my Eovaldi have to go up against my deGrom when my Soroka also had to go up against my deGrom last outing.  Right up there with why do we live and why do we die.

7 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Did Javier just K the dodgers side in the top of the 1st?

He did and was sitting 94-96 with the fastball. I thought he was supposed to be all deception and not big velocity? Not by the left oks of the first inning where he had both on point against three of the best hitters in the majors. 

1 minute ago, TheForearmShiver said:

He did and was sitting 94-96 with the fastball. I thought he was supposed to be all deception and not big velocity? Not by the left oks of the first inning where he had both on point against three of the best hitters in the majors. 

Then, of course, Seager takes him yard in the second inning.