NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deandre Washington 2020 Outlook

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must add.  Do it now.  Then you decide whether to start him.  Don't let your competitors grab him while you dither.

Huh?? What are you talking about dude? So anyway...back to the convo... So Gaskin is out so Breida is in but Breida is hurt so Howard is in but Laird is better at ppr but he is too small and hurt

Posted Images

Breida is injured and they clearly don't like Howard. They were cuffed into using him and he faired exactly how we all thought he would...10 for 19yds and a TD. Laird and Ahmed, one of them will be dropped out and the other will serve as the backup to Washington. Howard will go back to not playing

32 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Breida is injured and they clearly don't like Howard. They were cuffed into using him and he faired exactly how we all thought he would...10 for 19yds and a TD. Laird and Ahmed, one of them will be dropped out and the other will serve as the backup to Washington. Howard will go back to not playing

Yeah, I just don't get what they even saw or why they signed Howard. Not only is he washed, but he's just not a good fit for that offense at all.

1 hour ago, Travis Burten said:

image.thumb.png.1581a6745132e14fc3bfde4517b9b96b.png

So this was last year....if he could put together a similar run like this, would be $$$

image.png

This is what I meant with he acted like a bellcow rather successfully...played well in a decent system. Think he can be a good fit...something tells me Miami would LOVE TO just get to one guy getting majority share like they did with Gaskin...last week, they split it three ways which is pretty annoying. Howard I think should be phased out..

He is definitely a decent upside stash. 

4 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

How are any Miami RBs valuable at this point?

There's like five guys who could touch the ball in this backfield now.

3 RB’s should be active, but at this point, no one knows for sure what’s going to happen.

1 hour ago, Jubanton said:

Gotta see if Breida will be active. He will def be the favourite.

I want to believe that Breida did not carve out additional opportunity despite the team trading even more capital for him last summer. They signed JoHo to an OK contract, but that didn't work either.

I like this team's approach- just throw darts at the Running back room with low investment shots and see if one sticks.

Hence, I'm higher on DeAndre than most. 

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I want to believe that Breida did not carve out additional opportunity despite the team trading even more capital for him last summer. They signed JoHo to an OK contract, but that didn't work either.

I like this team's approach- just throw darts at the Running back room with low investment shots and see if one sticks.

Hence, I'm higher on DeAndre than most. 

I like Washington too. If he gets the chance he'll run away with it imo. Gaskin could and should still have a good role when he gets back but could be a nice 1-2 punch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flores on Breida: "He's fast, he's explosive, he's tough. I think he's done a really nice job for us in the kicking game. He's gotten his opportunities as a runner. He's broken some big plays, and he just needs to do what he's been doing." 

Flores on Washington:  "We watched him during the free agency process last year. I think he's got good vision, good run skills, can catch the ball out of the backfield."

Chan Gailey on  the running game: "Really the run game is more of a process of they are putting an extra guy in the box.  So if they put extra guys in the box, guess what? We're going to throw it."

If Miami wants to feature one back that's over 200 lbs that excels at pass protection and pass catching, this is the only guy on the roster that profiles similar to  Gaskin.

43 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

Breida is in the lead here .. Washington should be higher than Ahmed but he came over recently.

Absolutely nothing to indicate that. Whenever he’s been heathy he’s playing a complimentary role. There’s been enough of a season to know how the coaching staff views him.

8 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

So Washington fresh off the plane has learnt the playbook in a week and a half and usurps Breida (if healthy enough to play)?

Ok...

Yeah I agree. Washington will likely get like 5 carries or so, maybe catch a dump off. But to run away with the job if Breida is playing.... don't see it happening. I think they'd even be desperate to get Jordan Howard some work on 1st and 2nd to spell Breida if he's doing alright. I think this is a whole mess until Gaskin comes back. I feel like if Breida played last week and did well that would have been the only opportunity to put Gaskin on the shelf. Otherwise I see this being a committee unless Breida somehow goes off. The schedule is nice and is the only reason worth dragging this out and stashing these guys but ultimately I think Miami turns into exactly what the Colts are. Unpredictable backfield where everyone can be useful but you never know when, with a good short pass game and great defense.