NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deandre Washington 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I don’t think you can trust starting him in a playoff game. 

as a flex when lots of us have duke johnson, dobbins, fournette as our other options....yes we can.

We at least saw him get 15 touches two weeks ago and he was a full practice on Friday.

Methinks he pushes for 14-16 touches minimum - his pass catching ability makes him viable as  decent FLEX.

• Like 3
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must add.  Do it now.  Then you decide whether to start him.  Don't let your competitors grab him while you dither.

Huh?? What are you talking about dude? So anyway...back to the convo... So Gaskin is out so Breida is in but Breida is hurt so Howard is in but Laird is better at ppr but he is too small and hurt

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

There have been enough injuries this season to not assume everyone in the playoffs has better options than Washington.  

Exactly. Especially since he'll have the job for two weeks. Laird is just not that good.

41 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I don’t think you can trust starting him in a playoff game. 

I’ve got two flex spots and need to play 3 of Washington, Perriman, Hilton, Mike Williams, Lat Murray or Jeff Wilson. So maybe I wouldn’t trust him, but I’m obviously low on options to trust and he’s definitely in the starting mix. 

38 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

as a flex when lots of us have duke johnson, dobbins, fournette as our other options....yes we can.

We at least saw him get 15 touches two weeks ago and he was a full practice on Friday.

Methinks he pushes for 14-16 touches minimum - his pass catching ability makes him viable as  decent FLEX.

This might be a nitpick, but usually when I hear someone refer to someone being a "start" they are talking about at the position...not the FLEX spot. 

Not everyone uses those, but even when you do...it's for a person who probably has an avg floor anyway.

12 minutes ago, Semitar said:

This might be a nitpick, but usually when I hear someone refer to someone being a "start" they are talking about at the position...not the FLEX spot. 

Not everyone uses those, but even when you do...it's for a person who probably has an avg floor anyway.

If someone says he is a start that means what it is unless they say rb1 or rb2 

• Like 3

I think they are so many iffy Rb who cant be worth starting like booker, duke, dobbins, fournette, but Wr like Mike Williams, Boyd, Higgins... What about Flex RB like Gio, White, Drake/Edmonds, Gurley, CEH/bell? 

I think DeAndre for next 2 weeks should be good over Gio 

Edited by Jay85
2 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

I think they are so many iffy Rb who cant be worth starting like booker, duke, dobbins, fournette, but Wr like Mike Williams, Boyd, Higgins... What about Flex RB like Gio, White, Drake/Edmonds, Gurley, CEH/bell? 

I think DeAndre for next 2 weeks should be good over Gio 

Dobbins should not be on that list....

Added him in 4/5 leagues, even a little tempted to flex him over Sanders tomorrow

I think if you can afford the bench space he’s an easy add even if you’re all set at RB. There’s always these random RBs that blow up at the end of the year (Drake last season, CJ Anderson the year before that, Tim Hightower several years back) it just feels safer to have that potential guy on your bench rather than on your opponents team.

50 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Nah, I'm out. If I grab him I should start him but there are too many red flags. Imho you normally have better options if your team reached the playoffs.

What about possible opponents for the next two weeks? Does he give your potential opponent a boost? Strategically, you should grab him even if it is to hold just in case injury or COVID strikes and knocks your player out of lineup for week 15.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, webster slaughter said:

Do we know if Ahmed, Breida will be out another week? Or Gaskin gets cleared. Where is this two week thing coming from?

If he just tested positive - and it's a definitive positive vs a false positive - than he's required to self-quarantine for 10 days. That wipes out next week. 

All indications I've seen is Gaskin is a definitive positive.

30 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

What about possible opponents for the next two weeks? Does he give your potential opponent a boost? Strategically, you should grab him even if it is to hold just in case injury or COVID strikes and knocks your player out of lineup for week 15.

Exactly. Picked up to block Gaskin owner who has no RBs on bench capable of playing. He will get someone. But let it be someone sharing carries and not having backfield nearly all to himself. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

If he just tested positive - and it's a definitive positive vs a false positive - than he's required to self-quarantine for 10 days. That wipes out next week. 

All indications I've seen is Gaskin is a definitive positive.

Expected to miss weeks 14/15..

7 hours ago, The G Man said:

If he's in line for 12-15 touches, he's definitely flex-worthy IMO. 

Question is though; will he be as involved if Miami's playing from behind?

In three starts last season, he caught a total of 16 passes.

That doesn't guarantee Miami sees him the same way the Raiders did. But, like Juan Carlos was many decades ago, he's willing to become king if asked. 

• Haha 1

If Washington is going to be “the guy” in Miami today, and get the vast majority of the work, he’s definitely in the starting discussion vs guys like Dobbins, Mostert, etc. Those guy have tough matchups with unknown workloads.

The most important factor to me is whether or not Washington will be used in the passing game, as Miami is likely to be playing from behind. If Washington is going to have that role, plus get the carries, and goal line looks, he certainly has a path to a better fantasy game Dobbins, Mostert, etc who may disappoint.

Edited by Lamont Sanford