NBC Sports Edge Forums

NBA Season Restart Thread

Won our league, back-to-back now with 3 ships in 11 years. G.O.A.T.

What makes it special is that we are without a doubt the toughest NBA Fantasy league in Europe.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really only have one reaction to the Clippers losing... HAHAHAHHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

LOLLLLL

Basketball is back! Good luck to everyone and be safe.  

Posted Images

Either Clippers are not as good as we all thought or Mavs are really good.

We have a series now. Watching two of the top five players going ahainst each other is awesome.  Btw, it is time for George to remember that he is actually good at basketball. Clippers miss Beverley and his energy

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Either Clippers are not as good as we all thought or Mavs are really good.

We have a series now. Watching two of the top five players going ahainst each other is awesome.  Btw, it is time for George to remember that he is actually good at basketball. Clippers miss Beverley and his energy

Playoff P in full effect lol, also Trez looking washed/not up to speed yet, he was getting man handled by Boban. Doc needs to play Zubac more for his interior defense. Doc like I said before is the most overrated coach in NBA imo especially in the playoffs.

Edited by DezedandConfused

Man Luka is absolutely ridiculous. 21 years old, first time in the playoffs and already playing like this? Unbelievable, this kid is a future top 10 all-time player, calling it now.

I feel like he's gone in the first 3 picks next season.

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Man Luka is absolutely ridiculous. 21 years old, first time in the playoffs and already playing like this? Unbelievable, this kid is a future top 10 all-time player, calling it now.

I feel like he's gone in the first 3 picks next season.

Also made Vlade retire as GM lol

14 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Playoff P in full effect lol, also Trez looking washed/not up to speed yet, he was getting man handled by Boban. Doc needs to play Zubac more for his interior defense. Doc like I said before is the most overrated coach in NBA imo especially in the playoffs.

image.png.241789ca248d8c9b01d395bda8721caf.png

Other that pts and FG% other starts are pretty much the same as his career average. 

I  expect big  games from George tomorrow and Lillard tonight.

And I agree  about Doc, totally overrated as coach. You have a chance to  sign prime Duncan and you tell him no wives/girlfriends on the team plane?

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2018/02/18/grant-hill-confirms-doc-rivers-rule-helped-cost-orlando-magic-tim-duncan/

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Brett Brown has been fired by the Sixers. It looks like Elton Brand is trying to save face for his moves as GM, JRich, Al Horford, and arguably Tobias signing has not gone the way they wanted.

Barkley said it best when he said the 76ers need to grow up - citing Embiid needing to get in shape and Simmons needing to learn how to expand his game to help his teammates out and expand the floor. I agree, there needs to be a culture change in that locker room. 

20 minutes ago, Rotofan24 said:

Barkley said it best when he said the 76ers need to grow up - citing Embiid needing to get in shape and Simmons needing to learn how to expand his game to help his teammates out and expand the floor. I agree, there needs to be a culture change in that locker room. 

The problem isn't really Embiid being in better shape, the problem is Simmons can't shoot outside 10 ft as a point guard. They had to add Shake to be the defacto point guard to hide Simmons on offense and provide more spacing. It's a little embarrassing when you see the big deal that was made when Simmons made his first three of his NBA career, like I know he's a gifted inside scorer, passer, and defender but he needs to put in some serious work in the offensive end to increase his range. It's crazy how a point guard in the modern NBA to have just attempted 7 3s total in a season lol. 

4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

The problem isn't really Embiid being in better shape, the problem is Simmons can't shoot outside 10 ft as a point guard. They had to add Shake to be the defacto point guard to hide Simmons on offense and provide more spacing. It's a little embarrassing when you see the big deal that was made when Simmons made his first three of his NBA career, like I know he's a gifted inside scorer, passer, and defender but he needs to put in some serious work in the offensive end to increase his range. It's crazy how a point guard in the modern NBA to have just attempted 7 3s total in a season lol. 

I agree on Simmons, but I think Embiid definitely needs to be in better shape if they want to take a step forward. The underlying issue is that they need to change the culture in that lockerroom. 

1 minute ago, Rotofan24 said:

I agree on Simmons, but I think Embiid definitely needs to be in better shape if they want to take a step forward. The underlying issue is that they need to change the culture in that lockerroom. 

They took the first step by firing Brett Brown, we'll see who they blame next when they fall short. That Horford contract ain't going away for awhile.

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

They took the first step by firing Brett Brown, we'll see who they blame next when they fall short. That Horford contract ain't going away for awhile.

Yeah, I'm not sure Brand has made the right moves either or is the right person for the job. 

10 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Playoff P has arrived. Imo Lakers have no chance against Clippers if everyone is healthy

No chance? Two top 5-7 players, arguably the best defense in the playoffs, and role players who are stepping into their role in the same way they were before covid suspended the season....and they have no chance? Any team with LeBron has a chance. Especially with the way AD has been playing and the way all the role players shots have been falling. Plus their defense is incredible. 

2 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

No chance? Two top 5-7 players, arguably the best defense in the playoffs, and role players who are stepping into their role in the same way they were before covid suspended the season....and they have no chance? Any team with LeBron has a chance. Especially with the way AD has been playing and the way all the role players shots have been falling. Plus their defense is incredible. 

It is just my opinion. To clarify, Lakers have no real chance against Clippers if everyone is healthy.

LBJ + AD  are slightly better than Kawhi and PG.  The rest of Lakers roster is inferior to Clippers by a huge margin.  Bradley and his defense  is missed. 

Role players on  Lakers making shots?  FG% in playoffs so far (against "great" Portland defense that has Carmelo on LBJ): Green is 38.2%, KCP at 36.8%, Kuzma at 39.5% , Caruso at 31.8%,  Morris at 42.9%. McGee, Howard, Waiters, Cook are above 50%, but can you play them more than 20 min per game and still win against top level competition? 

We will see what happens if they meet in WCF (if Lakers face Houston  anything can happen)

34 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

It is just my opinion. To clarify, Lakers have no real chance against Clippers if everyone is healthy.

LBJ + AD  are slightly better than Kawhi and PG.  The rest of Lakers roster is inferior to Clippers by a huge margin.  Bradley and his defense  is missed. 

Role players on  Lakers making shots?  FG% in playoffs so far (against "great" Portland defense that has Carmelo on LBJ): Green is 38.2%, KCP at 36.8%, Kuzma at 39.5% , Caruso at 31.8%,  Morris at 42.9%. McGee, Howard, Waiters, Cook are above 50%, but can you play them more than 20 min per game and still win against top level competition? 

We will see what happens if they meet in WCF (if Lakers face Houston  anything can happen)

PG is at 35%/26% from 3 even with that last game, so I don't really see the point of talking about FG%. We laugh about Portland defense but the Dallas defense has been equally bad in the playoffs mainly due to the injury of Porzingis. They got Trey Burke and THJ on PG most of the time lol. Also if you're gonna talk about %, you have to bring up on how many attempts. Caruso is averaging less than 6 shots this series while Morris is averaging 3.5 shots a game. Green, KCP, and Kuzma are all under 10 shots a game. 

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

PG is at 35%/26% from 3 even with that last game, so I don't really see the point of talking about FG%. We laugh about Portland defense but the Dallas defense has been equally bad in the playoffs mainly due to the injury of Porzingis. They got Trey Burke and THJ on PG most of the time lol. Also if you're gonna talk about %, you have to bring up on how many attempts. Caruso is averaging less than 6 shots this series while Morris is averaging 3.5 shots a game. Green, KCP, and Kuzma are all under 10 shots a game. 

Who is going to score then?  Clipper scored 116.3  in regular season. Are LBJ and AD going to score 70 points combined in every game to give Lakers a chance?

40 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Who is going to score then?  Clipper scored 116.3  in regular season. Are LBJ and AD going to score 70 points combined in every game to give Lakers a chance?

Again taking it out of context, just saying 4 games is a small sample size and when talking about percentages, attempts matter. Also regular season is different from playoffs, it doesn't matter how much they scored in the regular season.  

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Again taking it out of context, just saying 4 games is a small sample size and when talking about percentages, attempts matter. Also regular season is different from playoffs, it doesn't matter how much they scored in the regular season.  

Talking about percentages and attempts,  numbers do not paint pretty picture for  Lakers.

See it for yourself.   You cannot win the title if you cannot make 3s and free throws

Regular season (big enough sample size):  

Lakers:  FG 48% (6269 attempts)  3P 34.9%  (2242 attempts)   2P 55.2% (4014 attempts)  FT 72.9% (1728 attempts)

Clippers:  FG 46.6% (6425 attempts)    3P 37.1% (2410 attempts)  2P 52.2 (4011 attempts)   FT 79.1% (1894 attempts)

Playoffs (5 games) :

Lakers:  FG 46.9% (354 attempts)  3P 33.1%  (139 attempts)  2P 55.8% (193 attempts)   FT 67.5% (114 attempts)

Clippers:  FG 50.4% (450 attempts)    3P 40.8% (179 attempts)  2P 56.8% (271 attempts)  FT 80.5% (118 attempts)

But none of this matters now, Bucks are boycotting game 5. 

3 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Talking about percentages and attempts,  numbers do not paint pretty picture for  Lakers.

See it for yourself.   You cannot win the title if you cannot make 3s and free throws

Regular season (big enough sample size):  

Lakers:  FG 48% (6269 attempts)  3P 34.9%  (2242 attempts)   2P 55.2% (4014 attempts)  FT 72.9% (1728 attempts)

Clippers:  FG 46.6% (6425 attempts)    3P 37.1% (2410 attempts)  2P 52.2 (4011 attempts)   FT 79.1% (1894 attempts)

Playoffs (5 games) :

Lakers:  FG 46.9% (354 attempts)  3P 33.1%  (139 attempts)  2P 55.8% (193 attempts)   FT 67.5% (114 attempts)

Clippers:  FG 50.4% (450 attempts)    3P 40.8% (179 attempts)  2P 56.8% (271 attempts)  FT 80.5% (118 attempts)

But none of this matters now, Bucks are boycotting game 5. 

Even with these "numbers" Lakers had the best record in the West, you can speculate and throw numbers all u want as a biased fan to show favor to one side. Big reason free throw numbers are skewed in the playoffs for the Lakers: AD is shooting 67% so far this series on 10+ attempts a game. (-18% of his season average). My point is you have to dig deeper in the overall numbers, unless you think AD will continue to shoot 67% FTs, but yeah it doesn't matter now with this BLM movement being forced down our throat. 

4 hours ago, ehcstanford said:

I'm commish of a fantasy postseason league with 15 FA moves that clear through daily waiver. Some GMs make moves for quick one-game pickups. Should I increase number of moves to account for schedule changes this week (if so, how many?)

https://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/20-assistant-coach-help-forum/