NBC Sports Edge Forums

NBA Season Restart Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really only have one reaction to the Clippers losing... HAHAHAHHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

LOLLLLL

Basketball is back! Good luck to everyone and be safe.  

Posted Images

Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but ....

Buldenholzer is a very good coach ...    for regular season.

Miami is good, but winner of Boston - Toronto series will make it the finals.

Being Raptors fan, I have to say: Huge thank you to Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum  for their great defense on the last play.

Lakers are in big trouble against the Rockets, it's 50-50 who will win this series (assuming health on both sides)

Clippers will win it all

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Being Raptors fan, I have to say: Huge thank you to Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum  for their great defense on the last play.

Lakers are in big trouble against the Rockets, it's 50-50 who will win this series (assuming health on both sides)

Clippers will win it all

Interesting timing lol, you were very quiet when Tor was down 2-0. Tor is very fortunate they were able to squeak by with a win last game. I see this series ending in 6 games (Celtics) As for the Bucks, the coach isn't the main problem. Miami is sagging off their "3 point shooters" to clog the paint where Giannis does most of his scoring. Giannis is shooting sub 15% from 3s in this series and sub 55% from the FT line that ain't gonna get it done. Miami also has a good chance of making it to the finals, they've been tested more in these playoffs so far. Don't forget they also swept the Pacers who were one of the best teams after the All-Star break(14-5). Raptors faced a Nets team without KD/Kyrie/DJ, basically got a free pass to the 2nd round. As for the Lakers, still too early to tell but no idea why Rondo saw that many minutes in his first game back, he should not be getting more playing time than Caruso at this point. 

Edited by DezedandConfused
2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Interesting timing lol, you were very quiet when Tor was down 2-0. Tor is very fortunate they were able to squeak by with a win last game. I see this series ending in 6 games (Celtics) As for the Bucks, the coach isn't the main problem. Miami is sagging off their "3 point shooters" to clog the paint where Giannis does most of his scoring. Giannis is shooting sub 15% from 3s in this series and sub 55% from the FT line that ain't gonna get it done. Miami also has a good chance of making it to the finals, they've been tested more in these playoffs so far. Don't forget they also swept the Pacers who were one of the best teams after the All-Star break(14-5). Raptors faced a Nets team without KD/Kyrie/DJ, basically got a free pass to the 2nd round. As for the Lakers, still too early to tell but no idea why Rondo saw that many minutes in his first game back, he should not be getting more playing time than Caruso at this point. 

Actually I was without internet access for  almost 2 weeks (camping in the northern Vancouver Island) and just got back. If not Rondo,  than who else? Caruso is high energy guy but he cannot create for others. Lakers best option is that Green rediscovers his 3p shot

Actually I was without internet access for  almost 2 weeks (camping in the northern Vancouver Island) and just got back. If not Rondo,  than who else? Caruso is high energy guy but he cannot create for others. Lakers best option is that Green rediscovers his 3p shot

Caruso and LeBron on the court together have the highest +/- in the NBA this season. If you think he's just a high energy guy, you haven't been watching the games closely. Green shot 38% from 3 last round, 10% higher than Paul George, 8% higher than Siakam from last round. Siakam is shooting 36% overall and 16.7% from 3 this series against Boston averaging only 15 points as their #1 option. I get you're a Raptors fan but these bias opinions without any facts lol.

Seems like LeBron led teams always lose the first game of a series for some reason. I have no stats to back that up, just seems like it. Lakers couldn't get any stops defensively, but Houston also shot pretty well. Houston will shoot themselves out of 1-2 games just because the 3 ball won't always fall. Lakers in 6. 

Will be interesting to see where Giannis goes next year, Bucks sure choked but Jimmy G Buckets totally bullied them. Bucks role players who played good all year and knocked down shots suddenly couldn't hit shots, pretty much what doomed Milwaukee.

Raptors were very lucky to win game 3 and get back in the series but like FVV said, Boston messed up leaving the door open. I think the series goes 7 and Toronto wins. Then Miami beats them in the ECF.

Clippers are the team to beat, however, they were not the invincible team the media and multiple posters on this forum make them out to be. The have holes that can be exposed. Lakers/Clippers would really be a lot of fun and even though the Clippers have the better roster, Bron matchup hunting and picking apart the Clippers would keep the Lakers in it and give them a chance. They also need AD to play big to win, they need him this series vs Houston too. He should be getting 50 against Houston's small defense, or should be averaging 15 assists when they double. One or the other.

Just my 2 cents.

Rockets are winning because their defense in playoffs  is really good. I know it sounds strange but it's true.

https://stats.nba.com/teams/opponent/?sort=OPP_FG_PCT&dir=-1

That is true, they have the best defense inside the bubble, but we'll see what happens when their 3s aren't falling like every season. Also Tor is very fortunate that Hayward is out for the series, would've been close to a sweep with him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 7:54 AM, Gile Pile said:

Clippers will win it all

LOLLLLL

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

ok Lakers fans,  what are your  predictions for  WCF?

How many games will it take and who will win?

Me and (almost) everyone else was wrong about Clippers, I will admit that.  Put me on trial for it please.

Lakers in 6. Flippers had no one to guard Jokic, and he'll still get his, just as all other stars do, but AD will be able to do a lot more against him defensively. Committee approach on Murray. Once again, Murray will get hot and get his just like Lillard and Harden did, but I thought we did a pretty good job on them overall. Denver has a lot of great shooters like Houston does/did, so we'll have to play great team defense and be quick on rotations. Lucky for us, we have the best defense remaining. If the Lakers shoot like they have the past few weeks, just being honest, I don't see how anyone beats them with their defense. However, their shooting is inconsistent. Every game they need that 3rd scorer to step up, and so far someone has, so that will need to keep happening. Kuzma is a different guy since the bubble started, playoff Rondo is in full effect, KCP has been a knockdown shooter for us all year. Kief, Caruso, and even Danny Green (sometimes) have been very solid for us. We'll see Dwight and Javale this series too. I like the Lakers chances but the Nuggets have a great time and are definitely a wildcard. Jokic and Murray have incredible chemistry.

28 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Lakers in 6, @Gile Pile thoughts on Siakam's performance in semi (39%, 9% from 3, 60% FT). Also do the Raptors bring back all 3 FA? (FVV, Ibaka, Gasol)

I hope FVV  and Ibaka are back. Gasol, I don't care.   Raptors overachieved this year, same as Heat. Future for Pascal and Raptors is bright

45 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I asked about his performance in semi not future and why not Gasol, u were very high on him earlier?

Pascal in semis was terrible. Gasol is 35 years old, he will probably go to Europe.  If not, short deal with Raptors wouldn't be too bad.

On the other hand, OG showed up in this playoffs, he is going to be good

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

Pascal in semis was terrible. Gasol is 35 years old, he will probably go to Europe.  If not, short deal with Raptors wouldn't be too bad.

On the other hand, OG showed up in this playoffs, he is going to be good

I think Gasol finds a 1 year contract somewhere. Raptors should give more minutes to Boucher next season in his place. I agree on OG, he improved on his shooting, next step ball handling and creating his own shots more.

3 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Lakers in 6, @Gile Pile thoughts on Siakam's performance in semi (39%, 9% from 3, 60% FT). Also do the Raptors bring back all 3 FA? (FVV, Ibaka, Gasol)

Ibaka and FVV are gonna get paid pretty nicely. I like seeing Toronto competing but will they end up paying these guys? Especially Ibaka, I could see someone overpaying for him since he fits so many team's needs of being that stretch big who can shoot 3s well and defend the rim. Imagine him playing for the Rockets.