NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 August Closer Thread

17 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Yeah.  I have both those guys too. Nice to see Melancon is the only closer in baseball killing it.   He pitxhed the 8th yesterday so I'm holding out hope that will smith made some "ill sign with you,but im the closer' deal.

Colome is killing it too. :) 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubt the Astros would trade the most important person in their organization.

The Mets

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Is josh hader gonna do anything this year?

Well, he does have Milwaukee's only two saves on a team that's 5-7 and had to miss a few games because of a series with St. Louis. I don't understand the frustration in your post. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1
Just now, Sean-O said:

Montero is looking real solid the last couple of nights. How would you guys rank (strictly saves & job security) Montero, Rosenthal & Bass ROS?

Bass, montero, rosenthal based on job security.  The saves themselves are an absolute dice roll 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Sulser pitched the 8th for Baltimore, and Castro pitched the 9th for the save. Interesting, considering everyone thought Sulser had locked up the closer job for the O's. 

Just a guess, but I think Sulser would have pitched the ninth too if he didn’t throw 30 pitches in the 8th. He’s had two multi inning saves this year, but both were less than 30 total pitches. Still, it’s obviously not traditional closer usage.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Caelum said:

Just a guess, but I think Sulser would have pitched the ninth too if he didn’t throw 30 pitches in the 8th. He’s had two multi inning saves this year, but both were less than 30 total pitches. Still, it’s obviously not traditional closer usage.

This^, and he was facing the heart of the order, so it was clear they wanted him in there against the biggest thread.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Caelum said:

They were down by 2 in the 8th so a save opp wasn't likely

• Haha 2
38 minutes ago, fredo_corleone said:

How would you all rank between Montero, Wick and Sulser? Montero is still free in my league and I'm not sure if Wick is guaranteed to be the closer or if Susler will have as many chances as Montero. Thanks.

Montero 1, Sulser 1A.  Both seem for real.  Wick not close.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fredo_corleone said:

Ok cool - thank you. You think Kimbrel or Jeffress will be in the mix for saves for Chi-town ROS in that case? 

Yes.  Still Montero and Sulser > Kimbrel and Jeffress

2 hours ago, fredo_corleone said:

How would you all rank between Montero, Wick and Sulser? Montero is still free in my league and I'm not sure if Wick is guaranteed to be the closer or if Susler will have as many chances as Montero. Thanks.

Montero because he got the job and has a fast start in same.  Wick has the stuff for the job and David Ross knows pitchers so I like him the best long term but Montero has the head start.  Susler last because he didn't even close last night I think someone posted here plus the O's stink at winning.  Also Kimbrel is deader than a door nail and has been going back to the last 2 months of 2018.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
1 hour ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Gotta figure these good teams wit CBC out of necessity will look to trade for a set-and-forget type closer by the TDL.  Will Houston and Washington really keep going with what they got much longer? 

With so many teams making the playoffs this year, who is available that fits that criteria?