NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 August Closer Thread

18 hours ago, JameisofThrones said:

Taylor Williams IMPLOSION today. Magill and Altavilla not much better. Hirano time?

All relievers eat a** sometimes. Taylor's still the closer on this loser, pathetic, franchise. Maybe if he has more blowups, you can mine the reliever turd pile for guys like Magill and Altavilla.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubt the Astros would trade the most important person in their organization.

The Mets

Posted Images

6 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

All relievers eat a** sometimes. Taylor's still the closer on this loser, pathetic, franchise. Maybe if he has more blowups, you can mine the reliever turd pile for guys like Magill and Altavilla.

Is Christian Yelich closing now?

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, smeeze said:

And Romano blew it.

Sucks, but he threw 2 hangers up there and the 2nd one he paid for it. I see an "injury delay" on the game cast. Did he get pulled for Bass because he got hurt, do you know?

Sorry, I forgot that I can go back and check on the app now. So, after the HR he threw one pitch and then he had some issue with his hand. It looked like a blister issue. They examined his hand and talked to him for a bit, and then pulled him. Unfortunately, upon close inspection during their conversation, his hand was kind of shaking and looked really uncomfortable. This looks like it could be a more serious issue than a blister.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, fredo_corleone said:

You think he's going to remain the closer after today?

I think he will. I would not abandon ship until he actually is not in their for a save opp.

I think Hyde should have figured out by now he can't use Sulser a second inning.

34 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Chapman = embarrassing 

Truth.

I am being 100% serious when I say this.  I could have hit that ball out.  An 84 mph hanging breaking ball.

Just now, KingJoffrey said:

The yahoo report that said Charlie would still give him save opps.

To many mouths to feed in Buffalo, I dropped him tonight, Giles will be back in a week or 10 days, he might get a save opp or 2 between now and then, not sure that is worth waiting for, just my opinion, good luck.