NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 August Closer Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubt the Astros would trade the most important person in their organization.

The Mets

Posted Images

4 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

I'm not sure Workman would keep the job if the Phillies had anyone decent. But he's king of this turd mountain. Strikeout, walk, single, fly out, line out.

Welcome to my last year plus viewing of Red Sox 9th innings.  Best to walk out of the room when he comes in to avoid heartburn.

I like Rosenthal's landing spot.   Good for him.

Padres acquired RHP Trevor Rosenthal from the Royals for OF Edward Olivares and a player to be named later.

The 30-year-old has enjoyed a career resurgence with the Royals this season, registering a 3.29 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 21/7 K/BB ratio over 13 2/3 innings while recording seven saves as the team's closer. He'll join a Padres' late-inning mix that includes Drew Pomeranz and Emilio Pagan also vying for save chances.

Aug 29, 2020, 5:15 PM ET

Just wanted to add that Olivares was blocked in SD but could shine in KC.  Yeah he isn't a closer but I just wanted to add that.  So I did.  So there.

1 hour ago, meh2 said:

Keep an eye on Montero getting dealt from Texas in the next 48 hours. If you’re in need of saves, Hernandez would be a good speculative add, imo.

I know it's rare for a rookie to get called up and quickly inserted to the closer role, but wouldn't be surprised to see that happen with DeMarcus Evans in Texas. 100 Ks in 60 ip, .119 baa last year. Rumored to get called up in the next few days. 

• Like 1