NBC Sports Edge Forums

20 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Civale is having a bit of a rough day compared to his last game. 65 pitches through 3, and 5 hits with 3 earned runs. 6 strikeouts and no walks though. 

After a good 4th inning, Civale is at 80 pitches and 8/0 k/bb.

His statline won't be what we want, but he's been squeezed today, leading to 10-15 extra pitches, 1-2 extra runs, 2-3 less K's.  Overall, still impressed with his whole repertoire and approach ....

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, motleyfoo said:

After a good 4th inning, Civale is at 80 pitches and 8/0 k/bb.

His statline won't be what we want, but he's been squeezed today, leading to 10-15 extra pitches, 1-2 extra runs, 2-3 less K's.  Overall, still impressed with his whole repertoire and approach ....

Agreed. If this is a bad outing we're in for a great year.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Looked like it actually hit him in the meat of his forearm. Knowing he's had a bunch of hand injuries in the past I'd assume he should be fine after this one.

25 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Agreed. If this is a bad outing we're in for a great year.

He looked pretty damn good out there. Tons of movement on his secondaries and he can paint that 2 seamer. Retired his final 10 batters. 9K's and a QS against a loaded MIN lineup. Sign me UP!

• Like 2

Love watching Civale pitch. Another quality start with 9k’s in 6 innings. He just has great poise out there and command of all of his pitches. He’s attacking all 4 quadrants and every pitch seems to have good movement on them. Credit to whoever was recommending him in his player thread!

• Like 3

For shame!!!  All of you heathens merrily going about your day, still enjoying baseball after my death! Go now and enjoy a bowl of hearty Quaker Oats so that I may spare your souls.   Maybe become a farmer in my memory as I loved chickens and pigs and ducks.  I was kind of fond of nanny goats too, I was.  Go ahead do it.  You know it’s the right thing to do and the tasty way to do it!  

• Haha 2