Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2020 Week 2


tonycpsu
 Share

Message added by tonycpsu

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2020 Week 2


This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 2 of the 2020 MLB season.


It is not for the following:



Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.


Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Recommended Posts

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2020 Week 2


This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 2 of the 2020 MLB season.


It is not for the following:



Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.


Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some good (catcher) matchups off the waiver wire the next couple days: 

Tuesday: Don’t see many options. Caratini could be back in the lineup against Brady Singer. 
Tucker Barnhart is 2 for 2 off Bieber For what that’s worth. 
Wednesday: 

Barnhart is 3 for 6 off Clevinger with a double, homer and two walks. 

Mike Zunino, 0 for his last 16, is 6 for 21 with two homers off Tanaka. 
 

Edited by tonycpsu
Merged with waiver wire / streaming thread
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ryno1980 said:

Some good matchups off the waiver wire the next couple days: 

Tuesday: Don’t see many options. Caratini could be back in the lineup against Brady Singer. 
Tucker Barnhart is 2 for 2 off Bieber For what that’s worth. 
Wednesday: 

Barnhart is 3 for 6 off Clevinger with a double, homer and two walks. 

Mike Zunino, 0 for his last 16, is 6 for 21 with two homers off Tanaka. 
 

Zunino is never worth using imo.  Activate him and it is almost a guaranteed 0-for lol.  Trying to predict when a total stiff gets a hold of a mistake pitch is folly imo and doing so with lousy Cs is double folly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

Zunino is never worth using imo.  Activate him and it is almost a guaranteed 0-for lol.  Trying to predict when a total stiff gets a hold of a mistake pitch is folly imo and doing so with lousy Cs is double folly.

I agree. I’m not using him. I’m leaving the C slot empty more times than not. There are some guys swinging the bat decent enough to pick some spots some days, at least in a shallower format. 
I’ve seen Sean Murphy, Will Smith, Wilson Ramos on the wire. Caratini is likely owned in 12 teams and up but he seems to be set for 5 starts a week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ryno1980 said:

Billy Hamilton worth a look if trying to grab a few steals. With Mets banged up, he seems to be in line to play in the short term. 

He is only a pinch runner defensive replacement. McNeil most likely back tonight and he prob wouldn't even start if he wasn't. They aren't starting him over Conforto, Davis, Nimmo, or Smith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

He is only a pinch runner defensive replacement. McNeil most likely back tonight and he prob wouldn't even start if he wasn't. They aren't starting him over Conforto, Davis, Nimmo, or Smith.

 

Delino DeSheilds (Indians) is a similar option who was just reactivated and actually has an easier path to playing on a regular basis.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...