NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyler Higbee 2020 Outlook

I'd start looking elsewhere. McVay clearly understands Goff's limitations, and this team is going to be running the ball A LOT. I'm not saying he'll be a total bust, but we'll have a lot more weeks like this than his last few last year. Just too many mouths to feed. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surprised not to find a Higbee thread yet. After deep diving a player I wasn't that interested in but was still available in a NFFC 4 hour draft at pick 100 I came away interested. Higbee had a 4

But it would be equally stupid to forget how awesome he was once given the opportunity.  Everett is a fine player, but never came remotely close to that sort of production.  And it’s not as if McVay f

He did look good reminds me of lighter Kelce

On 9/14/2020 at 10:45 AM, BGDDYKWL said:

I'd start looking elsewhere. McVay clearly understands Goff's limitations, and this team is going to be running the ball A LOT. I'm not saying he'll be a total bust, but we'll have a lot more weeks like this than his last few last year. Just too many mouths to feed. 

I  definitely agree about looking elsewhere and I was hoping this wouldn't be the case in week 2 but it is. For me he's still a hold, even for a couple more weeks. If you can pick up a Logan Thomas or Goedert, surely there is someone else you can drop this early in the season for one of these players. I usually don't hold 2 TEs but I am a dynasty league guy, I drafted Higbee his rookie season when he was playing for Jeff Fisher. I watched so much of his college tape, that I was very bullish on him being a top 3 TE in the league. I had forgotten about him because of how much this offense changed after Mcvay took over, then all of a sudden bam this guy has 5 100+ yard games and is the best TE to finish the season and it wasn't even close. I had a wave of nostalgia from all his college highlights that I watched 5 years ago.

If you're a betting man, hold him and hope that Everett is limited or out this week. Those last 6 games last season were no fluke. This guy is a superman disguised as an elite blocking clark kent TE. I'm sure Goff and Mcvay haven't forgotten who he was last season, let's just hope he gets the opportunity.

Edited by n4sa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 9/14/2020 at 1:45 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

👍👍👍

18 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Is now the perfect time to Sell High?

Saquon guy here. I was just offered Devonta Freeman straight up for Higbee

Herndon is on my bench

No, at least I don’t think so. 89% and 86% snap counts for a TE is pretty elite. Him and Goff definitely have a connection. I get it if you need a RB but I’m not sure freeman is the answer there. 

What level of confidence would people have in flexing Higbee this week? He had a big TD haul last week, and Gesicki tore up BUF last week. Everything on paper seems like he could be in store for a big game, but all it takes is a low TD total in the game and Higbee could end up with like 3 for 40. Classic TE let down. Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Moveless said:

What level of confidence would people have in flexing Higbee this week? He had a big TD haul last week, and Gesicki tore up BUF last week. Everything on paper seems like he could be in store for a big game, but all it takes is a low TD total in the game and Higbee could end up with like 3 for 40. Classic TE let down. Thoughts?

It's a little tricky...both very good ILBs--Milano and Edmunds were out for BUF last week, they have been practicing on a limited level so far this week.

Edmunds in particular is very solid in coverage against traditional TEs, so that is something to watch as game-time approaches.

Gesicki really isn't a TE, he spends almost all of his time split out/in the slot. Not something that Higbee does much of.

Bills have been roasted by slot receivers this year, feels like a big Kupp game. Still think Higbee is a weekly top10 option though, his ceiling is obv.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Well, with Fant's injury I've gotta start this guy. Yikes.

I would look elsewhere, he is not running hardly any routes and if he is, it is near the scrimmage line. I'd check into Schultz or Tonyan.

• Thanks 1

Dropped him for Schultz this week and that paid off nicely. You just aren’t going to be able to count on him from week to week. Bummed because I hoped he would be at least 50% of the target monster he was last year, but that’s not the Rams offense this season. Off the train and feeling relieved. 

21 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

Dropped him for Schultz this week and that paid off nicely. You just aren’t going to be able to count on him from week to week. Bummed because I hoped he would be at least 50% of the target monster he was last year, but that’s not the Rams offense this season. Off the train and feeling relieved. 

Dudes already dropping Higbee? 😂

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, affliction said:

Quarter of the way through the season. It’s time to make moves. He does not get targets. He barely runs routes. I would rather have someone getting consistent targets in an offense that throws the ball 50 times a week. 

You can laugh but my TE outscored yours this week 😉

2 hours ago, affliction said:

Depends on who's on the WW.  Higbee is clearly not going to be reliable for more than a few targets a game. Not the 8+ targets he was getting at the end of last season, but oh well, he was a dart throw anyway.

2 hours ago, cookiemonster said:

Quarter of the way through the season. It’s time to make moves. He does not get targets. He barely runs routes. I would rather have someone getting consistent targets in an offense that throws the ball 50 times a week. 

You can laugh but my TE outscored yours this week 😉

What TE on your WW is going to be getting consistent targets?

Dallas will get it going eventually and start going through Zeke more.

34 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Depends on who's on the WW.  Higbee is clearly not going to be reliable for more than a few targets a game. Not the 8+ targets he was getting at the end of last season, but oh well, he was a dart throw anyway.

This is the tight end position in a nutshell outside of the few studs though. Dudes dropping Higbee for someone on the waiver wire will be streaming tight ends end of year. 

2 hours ago, affliction said:

This is the tight end position in a nutshell outside of the few studs though. Dudes dropping Higbee for someone on the waiver wire will be streaming tight ends end of year. 

Well he's right there with the other WW streaming options imo. His 1/4 boom games isn't very exciting. I'm starting him next week, but if he duds again, he's completely droppable.

Obviously deeper leagues (14+) he's an every week start just because of scarcity.

Edited by n4sa
  • Like 1