NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

You appear to be correct.

Cook will finish as a Top 5 TE this year. 

He had 5 for 80. If he had caught that pass in the red zone by Brees we are looking at 9 for 90 & 1 TD. Offense stunk today overall, I’m feeling good about Cook.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cook had humongous splits with Brees/Teddy. In 5 games with Teddy (including the Rams game where Brees was hurt midway through the 1st Q), Cook was on a 419 yard, 6 TD season long pace. In 9 games wit

He’s going to be a beast this year. If you miss out on Kelce/Kittle/Andrews, draft this man in every league you can. He’s going to have 10+ TD’s this year. Brees loves him as a red zone target and def

Jared is the biggest beneficiary of Thomas being out. Brees and Sanders still working on chemistry and Quan is trash

35 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

12 straight games now Jared Cook has scored at least 9.3 PPR points.

True, but last week was slightly disappointing.  Not too many targets, a decent amount of snaps without Cook on the field...without Cook AND Sanders on the field actually... like, what's going on there? Cook is a huge dude, creates a lot of mismatches...why not feed him?

1 hour ago, matanp said:

True, but last week was slightly disappointing.  Not too many targets, a decent amount of snaps without Cook on the field...without Cook AND Sanders on the field actually... like, what's going on there? Cook is a huge dude, creates a lot of mismatches...why not feed him?

Last week was mystifying. Concerning as well. The Saints appeared to just lay down to me - their game plan was not working and they stuck with it.

Obviously going to hold for now but if that is the way it's going to be w/o MT MT is taking Cook out with him.

9 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Payton takes him off the field way too much, and Brees has no arm, [...]

This is what Peyton does. Every player comes in and out of the field depending on packages except MT. Even Kamara isn't a full time player

Heck even Brees isn't. 

39 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

No practice today, the way he left the field I'd be pretty surprised if he went this Sun?

With MT back and practice and Brees running the passing attack so much thru AK, it is tough to see much upside here.

Almost sounds like you are itching to replace him - me too. Then I looked at my WW in a 12-team league and decided to wait until he's declared out and just play waiver roulette. No way I'm dropping him unless he's out for the season.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

No practice today, the way he left the field I'd be pretty surprised if he went this Sun?

With MT back and practice and Brees running the passing attack so much thru AK, it is tough to see much upside here.

its better if MT is back for cook 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Anyone excited about firing him up this week with Thomas and sanders ruled out?

Was just wondering this myself. I was kinda excited to start Gronk but all those targets will hopefully be funneled to Cook.

4 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Was just wondering this myself. I was kinda excited to start Gronk but all those targets will hopefully be funneled to Cook.

Yeah between him and tonyan for me. But he’s def worth a look. Brees has to pass to someone and I think he’s going to look for a safety valve this week not having any real WRs available.