NBC Sports Edge Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cook had humongous splits with Brees/Teddy. In 5 games with Teddy (including the Rams game where Brees was hurt midway through the 1st Q), Cook was on a 419 yard, 6 TD season long pace. In 9 games wit

He’s going to be a beast this year. If you miss out on Kelce/Kittle/Andrews, draft this man in every league you can. He’s going to have 10+ TD’s this year. Brees loves him as a red zone target and def

Jared is the biggest beneficiary of Thomas being out. Brees and Sanders still working on chemistry and Quan is trash

1 hour ago, willwc said:

The game script took every saints pass catcher out of that game in the 2H. However, definitely concerned about the number of TE's and overall weapons on the team.. like who the f--- is Trautman? 

No clue. Trautman? Hill? Ugh.

keeping him as my TE2, there is a sliver of upside if Jameis practices more with Cook and they develop some chemistry. When Jameis was on the Buccs, he looked to his TEs plenty. Wait and see how this shakes out, that matchup against ATL looks 2 good to pass up.

Edited by THE_MAGIC_MAN
speeling
5 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Just check and last season Howard/Brate combined for 70 catches-770 Yards and 5 TDs. 

The problem is Cook played just 36% of the snaps the past two weeks.

How confident is everyone in continuing with Cook in Non-PPR?

Probably playing the other saints TE Hill lol

On 11/16/2020 at 3:16 PM, johnnyboy8102 said:

Is only playing a little more than 1/3 of the snaps the past two weeks. His entire value is based on an occasional TD. 

Hopefully Jameis gives him a shot. 

[...]  Jameis may help some, but being on the field for 35% of plays is terrible 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
17 minutes ago, Jordan Coppington said:

Somebody please talk me out of dropping him. The upcoming schedule looks too juicy.

Is he your TE1? who you gonna replace him with at TE? can't see many worthy replacements off the waivers. the declining routes and snaps is concerning though. 

21 hours ago, Jordan Coppington said:

Somebody please talk me out of dropping him. The upcoming schedule looks too juicy.

do you have someone who is clearly head and shoulders better available? if not then stick with him for at least 1 more week, TE is a wasteland. there are like 2 teams in every league that are getting any real menaingful points from the position.  everyone else is setting for the 5pt cap.  so its worth the gamble to see what the QB change brings

21 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Is he your TE1? who you gonna replace him with at TE? can't see many worthy replacements off the waivers. the declining routes and snaps is concerning though. 

maybe he was put in the doghouse for the red zone fumble from 2 weeks ago.  after that fumble he didn't get much work that game

• Thanks 2
On 11/20/2020 at 10:38 AM, Jordan Coppington said:

Welp, definitely not starting Cook with Taysom Hill throwing the rock. 

Is this the consensus with Cook? I love the matchup and was actually thinking he was in a good spot with Winston. 

Is it crazy to think Taysom keys on Kamara/Cook with short passes? Or should we move on from Cook with Brees out for 3 weeks. (I am asking this in a Non ppr league)

9 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Is this the consensus with Cook? I love the matchup and was actually thinking he was in a good spot with Winston. 

Is it crazy to think Taysom keys on Kamara/Cook with short passes? Or should we move on from Cook with Brees out for 3 weeks. (I am asking this in a Non ppr league)

There's no consensus because there's no meaningful track record to base any prediction, which is why there's value stashing him for a week if you can to see how many times Hill looks his way.  

FWIW- Sean Payton's pet TE -Josh Hill- is OUT today...he actually has been siphoning a fair amount of snaps lately. Trautman has too, but I'd expect Cook to bump back to early season usage. The matchup couldn't get much better either, as ATL can not cover TEs. Unless you have a top 5-8 TE with a good matchup I'd have a hard time sitting Cook. These 2 teams usually end up in a shootout and Taysom can throw.