NBC Sports EDGE Forums

John Brown 2020 Outlook

PisEdiRin

20 hours ago, Resident A-hole said:

He just missed a 60yd TD bomb that was knocked away at the last millisecond. He was plenty healthy enough to get open over the top. The game was a downpour, not a typical game, better days ahead.

True, but it seems like he is not in position right now to accelerate like he normally can. Maybe he would have been past those guys if at full health? Coach admits today he’s not healthy. He’s already had three injuries to different parts of his leg. All important for the success of a runner. 

I have no joy in cutting him and would stash if I had the space. But that is two goose eggs when starting and one when he didn’t play. He’s killed a lot of people, and you just can’t trust him right now. 

Speaking Tuesday, Bills coach Sean McDermott admitted John Brown (knee) was not 100 percent healthy. 

This was obvious to anyone watching Monday's game between the Bills and Chiefs, where a hobbling Brown was eliminated for zero catches on four targets. Battling knee, calf and foot issues for nearly the entire season, Brown must now try to get healthy on another short week. Brown got off to a hot start in 2019 before badly fading down the stretch. Hopefully that is not his 2020 fate, as well. 

Oct 20, 2020, 4:31 PM ET
  •  

Edited by mjkp64

24 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Practiced in full finally, has a great matchup this week against Seattle. Bills offense seems like it needs Brown to be clicking on full cylinders.

Anyone rolling him out? He hasn’t had a good game since week 2

I am playing him over Corey Davis and Ruggs assuming Ridley sits.  Its Seattle so he should have a few chances. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Breesus said:

Practiced in full finally, has a great matchup this week against Seattle. Bills offense seems like it needs Brown to be clicking on full cylinders.

Anyone rolling him out? He hasn’t had a good game since week 2

I think for this week he's a decent guy to take a chance with. Seattle is getting gashed through the air and there will be plenty of points to go around hopefully. For the record I had to choose either him or Beasley to start off waivers and went with Beasley. I think Brown has a high ceiling in this matchup but will need a long one to the house to get there. With everyone healthy, I still view him as their third option behind Diggs and Beasley...but could be wrong on that. I'd love to hear insights on how people think Brown fairs in this offense now that he appears to be healthy.

• Like 1

He had a pretty nice game last week. I think there a couple big keys with him, his health and the weather conditions. When healthy and the weather isn’t too bad, he has produced. 

Anyone going to play him in a revenge spot against the Cardinals this week? Should be a high scoring game and it’s indoors. Could be another good time to start him.

33 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Anyone going to play him in a revenge spot against the Cardinals this week? Should be a high scoring game and it’s indoors. Could be another good time to start him.

I'm rolling him out again this week, double Bills WRs with Diggs actually. Paid off last week and Zona D didn't really stop Tua last week either, so don't expect them to stop Allen this week.

Edited by TheINC

I’m fully expecting a 60+ point game, should be very fun to watch. If Peterson lines up a lot on Diggs like he did DK, I would imagine Brown see’s a lot of action, Josh Allen has been feeding him going back to last year. He is finally healthy again which has been the clear issue.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Breesus said:

I’m fully expecting a 60+ point game, should be very fun to watch. If Peterson lines up a lot on Diggs like he did DK, I would imagine Brown see’s a lot of action, Josh Allen has been feeding him going back to last year. He is finally healthy again which has been the clear issue.

Tyler Lockett... 15/200/3 on 20 targets in that game Peterson matched up with DK 🤠

• Like 1