NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bryce Love 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

I am too, because I'm a fan of Gibson as a Washington fan but he's getting really annoying on these boards. Anytime anyone says anything not glowing about him someone has to respond and defend his upside. We're not even in the Gibson thread, and I didn't even criticize Gibson and in fact barely mentioned him, yet here we are again

Well, I've only tried to discuss him. I didn't think you were criticizing him, but I do think that he and Love and even Barber and McKissic are all tied together right now. It's hard to discuss one without discussing the others, too. My apologies if my posts irked you. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dan Snyder: Hold my cheerleader.

Yes, huge mistake waiting this long to drop McKinnon.

Interesting to see what Washington does with him coming off their Bye week and his fourth week on IR. Tomorrow's practice report will be very telling on his chances for any playtime this year.

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Well, I've only tried to discuss him. I didn't think you were criticizing him, but I do think that he and Love and even Barber and McKissic are all tied together right now. It's hard to discuss one without discussing the others, too. My apologies if my posts irked you

The fact that you jumped into the Love thread and started talking up Gibson again is what irked me. The Gibson lovers are all worked up right now about their new toy. I like Gibson, wasn't trying to talk about him here though. I was replying to someone's post about Love, giving some perspective as a WFT fan in the DC area. 

On 9/10/2020 at 1:18 PM, owenmills said:

The fact that you jumped into the Love thread and started talking up Gibson again is what irked me. The Gibson lovers are all worked up right now about their new toy. I like Gibson, wasn't trying to talk about him here though. I was replying to someone's post about Love, giving some perspective as a WFT fan in the DC area. 

Why in the world did that irk you? In every thread, there is discussion about the other players at their respective positions and how they relate to one another. It makes no sense to get upset over this when it happens in SO MANY threads. And yet, I've not seen you make the same comment in another player thread you've been a part of. 

And I'm not a Gibson lover. I own both in the same keeper league. 

46 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Why in the world did that irk you? In every thread, there is discussion about the other players at their respective positions and how they relate to one another. It makes no sense to get upset over this when it happens in SO MANY threads. And yet, I've not seen you make the same comment in another player thread you've been a part of. 

And I'm not a Gibson lover. I own both in the same keeper league. 

The Gibson circle jerk will be much quieter going fwd and probably contained to his own thread so we good 😄

1 minute ago, young dude said:

Anyone holding in redrafts with his coach's decision inactive for week 1?

I dropped before the season started and felt justified seeing that he was inactive.  It sounds like he's still weeks or months away from quotes I read.  At the time, speculation was that it would be Barber/Love for first and second downs, JD/Gibby for third downs.  The speculation obviously was that talent would win and it will soon be Love/Gibson.  Sounds like those that were celebrating APs departure and coronating Gibson a ROY candidate  were premature.  Maybe it was just veteran deference for Barber and JD.  I just don't see how they go into games with four active RBs.

There's a flicker of life in dynasty but pretty much have to drop in redraft. I believe he has more talent than Barber and McKissic but he's so far from relevance right now that realistically you can't devote a roster spot to him for the amount of time you would need to.

Anyone heard anything? It’s strangely quiet. Heard good things about Love during camp, AP gets cut, Rivera talking about Love being a 3 down back, etc. We were told he was still a few weeks away, but they obviously kept him around for a reason. Could this be a situation where they give hime plenty of time, no need to rush, then one of these weeks they’re going to say “he’s ready”, activate him, and he immediately looks awesome?

He’s only got Gibson, Barber, and McKissic ahead of him. No offense to Gibson owners, but if (and that’s a big if) Love returns to his form from a couple years ago he would immediately be the best RB on the roster. If they didn’t think he was worth waiting for, why would they wait for him? They must know something, or they would just cut him and move on at this point....right? 

Yes, I’m searching for diamonds in the rough, but if/when we see “Bryce Love is active”, he could very quickly become a valuable fantasy asset. More so than many of the bench stashes we’re currently holding.

• Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Anyone heard anything? It’s strangely quiet. Heard good things about Love during camp, AP gets cut, Rivera talking about Love being a 3 down back, etc. We were told he was still a few weeks away, but they obviously kept him around for a reason. Could this be a situation where they give hime plenty of time, no need to rush, then one of these weeks they’re going to say “he’s ready”, activate him, and he immediately looks awesome?

He’s only got Gibson, Barber, and McKissic ahead of him. No offense to Gibson owners, but if (and that’s a big if) Love returns to his form from a couple years ago he would immediately be the best RB on the roster. If they didn’t think he was worth waiting for, why would they wait for him? They must know something, or they would just cut him and move on at this point....right? 

Yes, I’m searching for diamonds in the rough, but if/when we see “Bryce Love is active”, he could very quickly become a valuable fantasy asset. More so than many of the bench stashes we’re currently holding.

I can't shake the same exact thoughts on Bryce Love -- maybe it's losing my top three RBs to IR in the first two weeks, and I'm trying to make my thoughts manifest into reality, but I too am waiting for that "Bryce Love is active" call.

Will be paying close attention👀

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

There's no reason to cut him unless they think he's completely useless even as depth. He was a 4th round pick and is on a cheap rookie contract. It looks like he's been a "healthy" scratch so far. There were reports in the preseason that he looked good, then some vague report recently that he was a couple months away from being 100%. So who really knows. The fact that he's not on IR would indicate he's not dealing with any major injury, but being scratched both games for middling talents Barber and McKissic obviously isn't a good look for him.

I think you'd have to be in a pretty deep league or dynasty type format to really want to roster Bryce Love. Re-drafts should be able to easily cut bait. Maybe he eventually carves out a role. But it will be late this year, if ever. And it's not like Washington RB is a good position for fantasy purposes.