NBC Sports Edge Forums

Didn't see a link for this. August 31st is 3 weeks away. Anyone from the waiver wire or otherwise you'll be keeping an eye on that if/when traded may hold significant value? Gotta figure a few of these teams will be targeting closers as per usual. What do you guys think?

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The joke was he was wrong. They all can't be winners I guess. 

Lot of smaller trades condensed from Rotoworld blurbs:  

I'm not saying you're wrong..but I think someone would have to crunch the numbers to see if this is true. The hit rate on 18-21 year old prospects is not very good.

Toronto was said to be actively looking for pitching.  Yankees of course.  They are both interested in Taiwan but Yankees could go all in for outcast Clevinger too.

Boston would love to sell off more of their dumpster fire of starters and relievers.  Martin Perez has said to have drawn interest from more than a few clubs.  They also want to pawn off Matt Barnes as well and there has been a few nibbles over him but Perez' decent start is drawing the bigger interest.

And yeah like Rotofan24 said, Rosenthal is drawing a lot of interest.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mongeese said:

It’s half way through the season and they are two games out of the playoffs.

Yeah i looked at the standings. A little better than I expected. Cost is unknown (player to be named later), so for now it seems like a decent move

1 hour ago, Mongeese said:

It’s half way through the season and they are two games out of the playoffs.

Actually, they hold a playoff spot right now. They’re 2 games behind the yankees and currently hold the 2nd wc spot. And who’s gonna overtake them? Baltimore? Tigers? I think the 8 AL playoff teams are pretty much set. Fangraphs projections currently give Jays a 65% chance of making the playoffs.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, cizastro said:

Any chance Vazquez gets dealt since Boston appears to be selling?  He does have 2 years of control left though, but he's also 30.

There have been rumors Tampa Bay is after him.  Bloom was with TB last year so good channel back and forth.  Boston wants pitching prospects.  If they can get Baz for him I'd dance in the streets.  But no mention of that.  Just that TB is interested in Vasquez.

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that the Athletics have acquired Tommy La Stella from the Angels.

No words yet on the specifics or what the Angels may be receiving in return. La Stella was seen hugging his Angels' teammates in the dugout -- fueling speculation that he was on the move -- and now we know the destination. It's likely that he'll settle in as the A's regular second baseman -- though he does add versatility and could be used all over the infield. Stay tuned, as the full details should emerge shortly.

Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter          Aug 28, 2020, 10:11 PM ET

Franklin Barreto back to Angels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

There have been rumors Tampa Bay is after him.  Bloom was with TB last year so good channel back and forth.  Boston wants pitching prospects.  If they can get Baz for him I'd dance in the streets.  But no mention of that.  Just that TB is interested in Vasquez.

Franklin Barreto back to Angels.

Great trade for both sides, IMO.  Barreto was a huge disappointment in Oakland, but he's young and never really got a fair shake at full playing time.  A's get an offensive weapon and the Angels get a lottery ticket that could cash in.

• Like 2