NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Slater 2020 Outlook

Ugh. Bad (imo) news. It’s a right flexor strain. This means he’s unlikely to play the field for at the very least a week or two and even if he DHs there’s a chance it’s going to be bothering him. 

is he even worth holding at this point with hot bats like Winker and Santander out there in a lot of leagues? I don’t think he is unless you have a deep bench..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This feels like the kind of guy that you pick up and he promptly goes 1 for 15 with 10k’s, but what the hell. Welcome aboard, kid.

So it's pretty rare for me to add players without researching them thoroughly, but after getting alerted on Twitter that Slater stole his 5th base to go along with his 3 homers on the year, I mass add

Posted Images

1 minute ago, aapox said:

Ugh. Bad (imo) news. It’s a right flexor strain. This means he’s unlikely to play the field for at the very least a week or two and even if he DHs there’s a chance it’s going to be bothering him. 

is he even worth holding at this point with hot bats like Winker and Santander out there in a lot of leagues? I don’t think he is unless you have a deep bench..

I’m probably going to hold until Sunday to see how it plays out. You’re right, he’s probably not going to play the outfield for a bit, but he’s definitely a better dh option even swinging one-handed than that useless turd, Sandoval.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, meh2 said:

I’m probably going to hold until Sunday to see how it plays out. You’re right, he’s probably not going to play the outfield for a bit, but he’s definitely a better dh option even swinging one-handed than that useless turd, Sandoval.

Just saw an update on RW that he hit soft toss, is likely to DH, and also likely to miss the IL, though not certain. Good news, for sure. 

• Like 1

FYI Slater pinch-ran for Kung Fu Panda in the bottom of the 10th for the designated runner on 2nd. Good news that they feel fine throwing him in there to run in a situation where he needs to score to prolong the game (he didn't - offense got cooked by Hendicks).

• Like 2

He's back out of the line-up today. With the dearth of hot outfielders out there, I think he might be welcome to dropsville for me. There's just so many options among guys who can contribute now and I think have just as must upside down the road.

5 hours ago, street sharks said:

Seems like he needs to be owned in more leagues

He is.  You can NOT go by "percentage owned" on any platform especially the big ones of Yahoo and ESPN.  Over 90% of their traffic is in casual public leagues where half the "owners" are out the door after the first two weeks of the season and most of the rest check in maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks.

• Like 1

Swammy...slippy...slappy..swanny..swans..

Samsonite Dumb GIF - Samsonite Dumb JimCarey - Discover & Share GIFs

re: OT, I think Slater is a hold if you can manage to with an IL spot, but he's an easy drop if not. The power and speed looks nice and he does look like he's really confident at the plate, but a groin strain is a huge problem for both running and hitting. we'll be lucky if he's back by the 2nd week of september and even luckier if he's the same player.

• Like 1