NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Slater 2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

But Solanco can play in the outfield and Flores can play 2B leaving the DH spot free for him.  Flores isn't that bad at 2B compared to NOT having Slater in the line-up.  Because if they think all these players will remain sharp at the plate the last week and a half they are in for a rude awakening as that never happens in baseball.  At which point Slater will be rusty with his timing all off to do much to help.

I don’t think Solano has played any OF in his career. Perhaps you are thinking of Dubon which is correct. He is basically the every day CF at this point. 

The real issue for Slater is the elbow injury that doesn’t allow him to throw well thus keeping him out of the OF. It stinks but it is what it is 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This feels like the kind of guy that you pick up and he promptly goes 1 for 15 with 10k’s, but what the hell. Welcome aboard, kid.

So it's pretty rare for me to add players without researching them thoroughly, but after getting alerted on Twitter that Slater stole his 5th base to go along with his 3 homers on the year, I mass add

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, fourstar said:

I don’t think Solano has played any OF in his career. Perhaps you are thinking of Dubon which is correct. He is basically the every day CF at this point. 

The real issue for Slater is the elbow injury that doesn’t allow him to throw well thus keeping him out of the OF. It stinks but it is what it is 

Yeah you are right.  Not Solano.  But Belt has played in the OF before.  Move him there and put Flores at 1B.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Not sure if it's maybe the injury lingering, but he hasn't looked very good at the plate.  Making very weak contact.  Honestly, I can see why he's riding the pine more than not.  Perhaps a Giants fan could weigh in, but he did not look good today.

Great game yesterday. Bad game today. He looks good. Story absolutely robbed him with a gemmmm from the hole. Otherwise he'd have a 1-5 and not 0-5. But yesterday he had a combo meal and multiple walks... so we know the upside. I'm riding this guy the last few games knowing the upside is worth the downside.