NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep seeing that the Colts are the toughest matchup against tight ends in the league. Am a bit concerned the Colts might shut the Lions down Sunday after their bye week, but these are the TEs the Co

Hock was in on 82% of snaps yesterday, only trailing Marvin Jones (91%) when it comes to skills positions on offense. Hock is only 23 years old, missed the last 4 games of last season due to injury, a

Big hock came up small when we needed him the most.

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

You guys think he plays this week? Practiced in full on Wednesday then was a DNP today due to a toe injury. Pretty sure he was limited in practice last week due to a toe injury as well, but he was never a DNP. 

yes, last week he was lp, fp, fp with a "toe". maybe it was just sore after wed practice so they just had him take the day off. tomorrow's report will be key. an lp or fp and i think he's playing for sure.

• Like 1

This absolutely blows. I have Jonnu Smith as my other TE playing tonight. Hock did have the toe injury last week, but the fact that he is DNP today is very concerning. I wonder if it got worse during practice yesterday. Might have to slip Jonnu in.

Edited by trolltoll
3 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

This absolutely blows. I have Jonnu Smith as my other TE playing tonight. Hock did have the toe injury last week, but the fact that he is DNP today is very concerning. I wonder if it got worse during practice yesterday. Might have to slip Jonnu in.

If I was in that position, depending on WW, I would wait on it. At least he plays the moon game

always can cut bait with someone 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

If I was in that position, depending on WW, I would wait on it. At least he plays the moon game

always can cut bait with someone 

Yeah It's tough as there's really no one on my bench I want to get rid of, but yeah I'll probably wait and see given that Jonnu hasn't been getting targets and will probably be blocking a lot tonight with Leonard on the other site. DNP on thurs really makes me think it got worse during weds practice though.

35 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Do not slip Jonnu in, its been 1 day and with Golladay likely out this could be a precautionary thing. You're better off streaming

Lions deactivated WR Kenny Golladay, WR Jamal Agnew, LB Jahlani Tavai, LB Jarrad Davis, DL Nick Williams, C Logan Stenberg, and QB David Blough for Week 10 against Washington. 

Advice: Fantasy managers got a good scare Thursday when Hockensen missed practice with the toe injury. He was able to practice Friday and will get the green light against Washington. Golladay missing another game is a boon for Hockensen -- one of Week 10's few solid tight end options. 

More: Chris Burke on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Finished the first half with 10 points in ppr

Ends the day with 13.90 points all together

Why in the hell did they stop targeting Hock? He’s your best weapon. USE HIM

Towards the final 7 minutes, he could of had a huge game, Stafford just ignored his wide open booty. There was a play with him down the seam that could have been a huge chunk play if not a td.

How frustrating is it to have Hockenson. I get he had a decent game but again could have been so much better. Dude had 10 points in the 1st quarter. WHY do the Lions just stop using him. They run on 1st AND 2nd down with Adrian Peterson and get a yard. What kind of coaching is that. Dammit. 

The lack of ceiling games is frustrating, but I LOVE the usable floor at a position which so often contributes next to nothing. I trot him out every week with confidence that he will score meaningful points and not lose me a week with a goose egg.

9 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

How frustrating is it to have Hockenson. I get he had a decent game but again could have been so much better. Dude had 10 points in the 1st quarter. WHY do the Lions just stop using him. They run on 1st AND 2nd down with Adrian Peterson and get a yard. What kind of coaching is that. Dammit. 

Frustrating, yeah. But he’s the overall TE3 so unless you were hoping for Kelce which he’s not, you have to be happy at least to be hitting par at this position. The top 10 is filled with some luminaries such as Tonyan and Dante Schultz. Just be glad you didn’t own Austin Hooper, Ertz, Jared Cook, or Engram. Not to mention George Kittle.