NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep seeing that the Colts are the toughest matchup against tight ends in the league. Am a bit concerned the Colts might shut the Lions down Sunday after their bye week, but these are the TEs the Co

Hock was in on 82% of snaps yesterday, only trailing Marvin Jones (91%) when it comes to skills positions on offense. Hock is only 23 years old, missed the last 4 games of last season due to injury, a

Big hock came up small when we needed him the most.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Only Kelce and Waller have ceiling games. You have the next best thing. Be grateful. It's bleak out there.

In case the tone of my post didn't properly convey it, I'm 100% grateful to have and start Hockenson every week. I absolutely recognize what I've got!

With many playoff lives on the line, it’s certainly understandable for those of us who watched the game to be frustrated at the outcome, because it should have been so much more. He should have had AT LEAST 50 more yards and 3-4 more catches yesterday. Given the way the game started, his fantasy owners should be sitting pretty heading into the week, like Fuller, Gibson, and Cooper owners are right now. Instead, now all it takes for Hockenson’s output to be eclipsed is the generic 40 and a TD, which is well within reach for most of our opponents’ TEs. Being grateful that you have a player and being frustrated at his usage are not mutually exclusive.

Maybe there’s something more we’re missing here, and he isn’t as good of a real-life football player as we think. I haven’t watched any full Lions games before yesterday, but over the course of the season I’ve read on Twitter about a handful of drops, missed blocks, miscommunications, etc. I’ve also read about how the Lions are idiots for not targeting him more, but this honestly could just be from jaded fantasy owners. Regarding miscommunications, it looked as if Stafford could have been yelling at him for not running correct route or not adjusting route after one play late in 4th quarter yesterday. Couldn’t see who Stafford was pointing to due to the camera angle, but it looked  to be in the direction of where Hockenson was running prior to being cut out of the camera shot.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...