NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Post draft waivers or free agents?

AlexxelA

I see both options and as co-commish I want FA but it's preset to waviers and the other guy wants waivers.  I know with FA it's a free-for-all up until the season starts and I know I get tired towards end of drafts and am active in FA/waivers so I end up doing well when I can go in and switch things up after the draft before many other people look around and move pieces.  What benefits can I tell my co commish and what do y'all recommend in this situation?  Also, how exactly does it work if we keep waivers?  Draft next weekend so we'll have 3 weeks til season begins.  Don't know if we have waivers every week or if only dropped players go to waivers before season begins...thanks

6 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

I see both options and as co-commish I want FA but it's preset to waviers and the other guy wants waivers.  

I've seen everything: waivers, FA, even one league that has everyone on hold until the last week before the season. It's all good, as long as everyone in the league has the same rules to play by.

FA benefits to some extent those owners with unlimited time and effort. Waivers benefits owners who take some time to think and may not be online 24/7.

Have a good discussion with your co-commish, you guys need to work that out.

• Like 1

in all the leagues i play in, after the draft, all undrafted players go onto waivers.  after the waiver period, they are all free agents until the season begins when they go on waivers as each of their games start.   players dropped after the draft go on waivers and if not picked up become free agents.