Anthony Miller 2020 Outlook

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Miller Time 

Drafted him every year because I believe in the talent and I'm still bullish on him overall. Started him week 1 and worked out, but luckily benched him last week. However it's pretty clear he's just t

Why are NFL coaches so stupid?

6 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

With Cohen done, do we see this guy getting more handoffs, screens, or more involved with the SB winning QB starting now?

I think he’ll get a few more targets splitting time with Mooney. I think the real beneficiaries with Foles are Robinson & Graham as they both should receive better quality targets

8 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

With Cohen done, do we see this guy getting more handoffs, screens, or more involved with the SB winning QB starting now?

I doubt it, they still have Patterson and most catches out of the backfield are most likely going to Monty.

32 minutes ago, harck said:

Any hope for this guy breaking out with the QB switch?

yes there is but it's a very tempered hope, and probably about the same or maybe slightly more with the change. He's got his own issues to work out.

Snaps were still down last week. Would definitely like to see more and we actually might. With the injury to Cohen we probably will see Miller play 9n the slot more. Talent is not problem, ego is. Reports are that Miller does not put in the extra work. That alone is keeping him in the dog house. But he Bears do need him. Not many playmakers after Robinson and Monty. I guess Graham .

Just 3 for 16 on 5 targets in a game where Foles had 42 attempts. Mooney and Miller both had 5 targets in week 3 but Mooney jumped to 9 today. He also trailed Montgomery in targets and tied with Jimmy Graham. Not sure he has a clear path to consistent targets, thinking he's droppable even in deeper leagues.

I have this guy in several leagues.  A 12, 14 & 16 teamers. May cut in the 12 leaguer.

Anyway, I was hoping he would fill in the slot role with Cohen done for the year. This offense can only support 1 1/2 WR.  If Mooney is getting more snaps then it may be time to cut if you can. I definitely don't feel good in his next couple matches. Even Carolina. Such a waste. 

It seems like he’s dropped more catchable balls this year than he did in his first two seasons combined.  It’s a troubling development.  Nobody has any forgiveness for a receiver that drops passes.  He’s getting crucified on Twitter by the Bears fanbase.  And now the legend of Mooney commences (1% ownership in yahoo threatens to skyrocket to 2%).  

This could really be a make it or break game for him against Tampa. 

1. Darnell Mooney has a shoulder injury and may not play.

2. The Bucs run defense is one of the best in the league so will be force to throw.

I would think Tampa leads for the whole game and the Bears play catch up mode and pass the ball 50 times.

32 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

This could really be a make it or break game for him against Tampa. 

1. Darnell Mooney has a shoulder injury and may not play.

2. The Bucs run defense is one of the best in the league so will be force to throw.

I would think Tampa leads for the whole game and the Bears play catch up mode and pass the ball 50 times.

Mooney has been a full participant everyday this week. Highly doubtful he is out.

*edit* But yeah I rather roster Mooney who beats Anthony Miller in literally every statistical category there is since week 2. (The only thing week 1 helps with is air yards)

Edited by Dirtywater97
49 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Mooney has been a full participant everyday this week. Highly doubtful he is out.

*edit* But yeah I rather roster Mooney who beats Anthony Miller in literally every statistical category there is since week 2. (The only thing week 1 helps with is air yards)

I agree with you. But something to monitor. And 1 other thing I forgot is that ARob should be shadowed by Carlton Davis who is a decent corner.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...