NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 - Best FFL Team Names

Just now, Dirty Little Birdie said:

you'd have to have some big balls changing your name once you made the playoffs. that can/will only bring you horrendous karma. 

I was 1-5, changed my name, and went 6-1 to make the playoffs.  It did help to get Davante Adams back from injury and trade for Keenan Allen as well.  Maybe I keep my name.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh Prince of Helaire 

"C Kupp TDs" is my favorite

The Fantasy Football Team

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, collucho said:

Both my teams are in first place and both are named Cobra Kyler....with that being said, while I am not planning on changing my team name I am considering starting Ryan Tannehill.

Fair.  Ryan has a tremendous playoff schedule and I also am expecting him to take my team to the promised land.

19 minutes ago, matanp said:

Got Ceedee on one of my teams, and Lamb Chops has been hot, scoring most points in my league, so definitely can't change that one.

And the other team that barely made it into the playoffs, No Hard Thielens, I definitely can't change that name seeing as how Thielen has been hot lately and I need him to stay that way.

Lambchop Underwear the special pair that you can wear without a care by fruit of the loom

31 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’ve been “always the bridesmaid” all year cause In this Specific league I’ve made the championship 3 straight years and never won it. Lol. It’ll stay until I win one. 

yikes, hopefully u can get a win this time

• Thanks 1

PLayoofs in leagues I'm in start next week (only 4 teams), so I still have a shot to make it, though I don't really deserve it, so I may change my name to Lucky Bastard or something like that if I make it, particularly in the one where I need 3 other teams to lose, lol, it's not like my current name has done me much favors

Edited by JCDaly
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’ve been “always the bridesmaid” all year cause In this Specific league I’ve made the championship 3 straight years and never won it. Lol. It’ll stay until I win one. 

Off topic but in my main league I have made it to the championship 7 times in 14 years, winning it only once.  I feel like Buffalo Bills of the 1990s.

8 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Why would you change your name in the playoffs?  I don't understand the point of this. 

I tend to change my name throughout season if i'm coming off a loss from the previous week. And i'm coming off a loss going into the playoffs so for me it was an easy call - hated to change my name from last week since it I really liked it - "K is for Kookies" -  but i'm rolling with "the Mahomestretch" now.  I can def understand if you're going into the playoffs hot then not tempting fate however.

Edited by TheINC
9 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Why would you change your name in the playoffs?  I don't understand the point of this. 

Couple years I played a final against a team called WATSON. After my Carson destroyed him, you can guess what my new team name was ;)