NBC Sports Edge Forums

Russell Wilson 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, Deuce1042 said:

I'm worried about Russell Wilson. That he might be hitting a wall, mentally. It's interesting how similar Seattle is to a team like Dallas(pre Dak injury) in that it's all on the QB to be Superman for the team to even function. The Seahawks (like the Cowboys) have absolutely one of the worst defenses I've ever seen. They aren't running the ball well. And the offensive line right now stinks. So Russell basically has to be perfect for them to win. They're always in shootouts. Always playing from behind. It's exhausting. And when that happens sometimes the QB starts to press, second guess himself, and make mistakes. And then when they make mistakes it might lead to indecisiveness. It appears to be getting worse for Russell by the week. 

When does Seattle ever have an easy day at the office (by NFL standards)? Ever? And this has been the case in Seattle for several years now. It's simply not sustainable. If the organization doesn't fix this we're gonna look up and Seattle has a 5-11 season one year or something. 

Not sure you saw the Wilson press conference Tuesday. People said Russ didn’t seem himself. Could be life in general, losing, injuries, we don’t know. Just got to hope he shows up on a short week. Games tend to be clunkers tho.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

look at some of the QBs WFT played this season: daniel jones (twice), andy dalton (twice), joe burrow, and nick mullens. tbh those qb's are pretty sorry lol (burrows got a bright future tho), so WFT's

Edit: holy crap, I seem to have typed most of that post with my forehead. Time for a coffee.

Hurts with that O line over Russel Wilson y'all are insane. Russ is a good QB. We all know this. He has these rough patches every year. It will not last.

Posted Images

Good News: Much better fantasy performance last night. Good rebound from last week's clunker.

Bad News: Waaaay more conservative play calling than they have had this year prior. That was the Seahawks of old (run the ball, control clock, etc). Did not take many shots. Not sure if this was just a 1 week game plan to try to keep Kyler off the field, or if this was a sign of them possibly shifting back to their old offensive ways and not letting Russ 'Cook' as much. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds, but I certainly hope he still has a couple big blow up games in his future.

1 hour ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Good News: Much better fantasy performance last night. Good rebound from last week's clunker.

Bad News: Waaaay more conservative play calling than they have had this year prior. That was the Seahawks of old (run the ball, control clock, etc). Did not take many shots. Not sure if this was just a 1 week game plan to try to keep Kyler off the field, or if this was a sign of them possibly shifting back to their old offensive ways and not letting Russ 'Cook' as much. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds, but I certainly hope he still has a couple big blow up games in his future.

Didn’t watch game but seemed more like game script driven. Seemed like he had 2 TDs and 100 yards 1/2 way through second quarter 

16 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Didn’t watch game but seemed more like game script driven. Seemed like he had 2 TDs and 100 yards 1/2 way through second quarter 

It should have been a lot more. DK dropped a TD pass in the back of the end zone that hit him in the face. Then DK dropped a pass on a drag route that hit him in the hands. And frankly, if he catches that he probably scores from about 40ish yards out. Then there was the 41yd pass to DK called back for holding. It is what it is, but if Mr. Stone Hands catches the two balls he dropped, we're looking at close to a 30pt night in standard QB scoring. 

5 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

the seahawks had some rookie who never played center before last night and he was getting worked over making russ uncomfortable. Better days will be ahead if the o-line guys get back healthy.

The "some rookie" was Damien Lewis :), and he's been playing guard this season...playing pretty well, actually, from what my Seahawk friends tell me. I think the last time Lewis played center, if he ever has, would have been in high school. Going from guard to center is a tough transition, but hopefully Lewis will be better next game if he has to continue to play there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this blows. But DK dropped another TD pass last night; he catches that and we're looking at a decent stat line.

I'm gonna resign myself to hoping for 1-2 TDs a week, some rushing and limited to no turnovers. Doubt we get any more 30 point blowup spots; 15-20 will be the norm.

Also Week 16 against the Rams, gross.

Rams should be a high scoring affair week 16 I doubt Russ won’t do well, he does have 30 point games left with the Jets upcoming and possibly the rams if it gets into a shootout.

Take the article with a grain of salt and ride russ out, he will always be a top 5 qb week in week out

6 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I'd be worried about week 16 - week 10 vs. the Rams was his worst game of the season by far.

You are right but he’s playing the Rams at home possibly for the division title so the stakes are so ever high for his team, I expect him to show up 

Edited by Guccimonster
Just now, Guccimonster said:

You are right but he’s playing the Rams at home possibly for the division title so the stakes are so ever high for his team, I expect him to show up 

I don't doubt that's a possibility, and it's not generally smart betting against Russ, but that's a scary floor in the most important week of all.

A decent streamer (e.g., FitzMagic vs. LV, assuming he's the guy over Tua? Likely much better examples than this out there) might actually be the better play - as difficult as it would be to actually make that move with Russ probably being a core reason why you make it to the finals in the first place - as an alt with a safer floor is at least worth considering, especially if you're favored in the matchup.

34 minutes ago, Guccimonster said:

Take the article with a grain of salt and ride russ out, he will always be a top 5 qb week in week out

He's been bad 3 weeks in a row.

Potential good news:

Seahawks DE Carlos Dunlap will undergo an MRI on his foot Tuesday. 

Uh oh. Dunlap came out of Monday evening's road victory over the Eagles with foot soreness. Dunlap has proven to be a massive trade deadline addition, notching 3.5 sacks in four games and almost single-handedly injecting new life in the Seahawks' awful defense. His loss for any amount of time would be a big blow as the Seahawks jockey for position atop the NFC. 

• Like 1

Anyone think Russ is getting ranked too highly this week? He's the consensus #2 on FantasyPros currently. Here's a statement from RW's "The Fantasy Blueprint" that confuses me a bit:

"The Giants are allowing the fifth fewest fantasy points to quarterbacks, firmly keeping Wilson inside top-five rankings."

Shouldn't the first part of the statement suggest Russ isn't a lock for the top five?

I guess the argument can be made that Russ will be on the field a lot because NY's O will be particularly inept without Danny Dimes, but they could also just run it all day and just kick/punt on 4th down without fear of NY scoring. 

8 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Anyone think Russ is getting ranked too highly this week? He's the consensus #2 on FantasyPros currently. Here's a statement from RW's "The Fantasy Blueprint" that confuses me a bit:

"The Giants are allowing the fifth fewest fantasy points to quarterbacks, firmly keeping Wilson inside top-five rankings."

Shouldn't the first part of the statement suggest Russ isn't a lock for the top five?

Yes.  The Giants have a good pass rush and the Seahawks have a weak OL.

The glory days are over for us Russ owners.

On 12/1/2020 at 12:55 PM, Guccimonster said:

Rams should be a high scoring affair week 16 I doubt Russ won’t do well, he does have 30 point games left with the Jets upcoming and possibly the rams if it gets into a shootout.

Not saying I’m benching or anything, but the Rams have historically seemed like his kryptonite, if memory serves. Add to that the LAR D seems stronger than in years past and the fact that I wouldn’t call their offense high flying this year and I don’t think it points to major point expectations from Russ.