NBC Sports Edge Forums

Russell Wilson 2020 Outlook

Is this a trap game this week? I know, I know, start your studs. But it's that time of year... Start with confidence, or look elsewhere? Considering last week's performance where plenty of other QBs outperformed our boy, what are y'all thinking?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

look at some of the QBs WFT played this season: daniel jones (twice), andy dalton (twice), joe burrow, and nick mullens. tbh those qb's are pretty sorry lol (burrows got a bright future tho), so WFT's

Edit: holy crap, I seem to have typed most of that post with my forehead. Time for a coffee.

Hurts with that O line over Russel Wilson y'all are insane. Russ is a good QB. We all know this. He has these rough patches every year. It will not last.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

Is this a trap game this week? I know, I know, start your studs. But it's that time of year... Start with confidence, or look elsewhere? Considering last week's performance where plenty of other QBs outperformed our boy, what are y'all thinking?

I'm not getting cute. I'm starting him like I have every week

• Haha 1

Three bad games on the year, all of which have come in the last three weeks (and the Cards game wasn't even that bad TBH). There's a lot of "what have you done for me lately" right now.

If stone hands DK makes 2 easy TD catches we're all probably a lot happier with Russ. I think the crazy ceiling of #LetRussCook is unfortunately a thing of the past, but our boy is still a Top 5 start basically every week.

Edited by MingusDew
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Hoping also that Josh Gordon injects more oomph into the offense too in the last two weeks of the fantasy season!

Just the last week, right? I thought I read Gordon would be back for week 16. 

6 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Just the last week, right? I thought I read Gordon would be back for week 16. 

I’d read week 15. Week 16 is the matchup to worry about anyway though, but him getting some snaps in week 15 would be good for getting him into a groove heading into week 16 vs. the Rams.

1 minute ago, Vendetta said:

I’d read week 15. Week 16 is the matchup to worry about anyway though, but him getting some snaps in week 15 would be good for getting him into a groove heading into week 16 vs. the Rams.

Just looked...Jay Glazer said the final two weeks of the season, which would be weeks 16 and 17. 

9 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Just looked...Jay Glazer said the final two weeks of the season, which would be weeks 16 and 17. 

I think you're right. I was going off of the RW blurb that I guess misinterpreted the final two weeks as the final two weeks in most fantasy leagues.

Another underwhelming week. What’s everyone doing with this guy? Trotting him out still? In his first 8 games, his lowest point total in my league was 21.9...in the last four weeks, he’s scored 11.92, 18.08, 14.40, and 16.02. I just nervous about going into the playoffs in weeks 15 and 16 with him. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Another underwhelming week. What’s everyone doing with this guy? Trotting him out still? In his first 8 games, his lowest point total in my league was 21.9...in the last four weeks, he’s scored 11.92, 18.08, 14.40, and 16.02. I just nervous about going into the playoffs in weeks 15 and 16 with him. 

I've already said this but something is off. Everyone has bad games and bad stretches but it's weird. He even looked off in his post game press conference. Seemed extremely tired and looked dazed.

Just had a kid so I don't know if he is losing sleep, if he is focusing on way too much stuff outside of football, has some lingering impacts of a concussion, or whatever the hell but he hasn't been the same since the first Cardinals game. He went from MVP front runner to looking terrible in the blink of an eye. Bad decision making, terrible accuracy, looking anxious in the pocket, etc. Makes no sense at all.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Obviously depends on waiver options. Washington has shown they have a legit defense and same with the Rams. The concern is genuine but people might have to stick with him anyway

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I've already said this but something is off. Everyone has bad games and bad stretches but it's weird. He even looked off in his post game press conference. Seemed extremely tired and looked dazed.

Just had a kid so I don't know if he is losing sleep, if he is focusing on way too much stuff outside of football, has some lingering impacts of a concussion, or whatever the hell but he hasn't been the same since the first Cardinals game. He went from MVP front runner to looking terrible in the blink of an eye. Bad decision making, terrible accuracy, looking anxious in the pocket, etc. Makes no sense at all.

Yeah, he just fell off the cliff. I’m giving him week 14 at home against the Jets as a hopeful get-right game, but I’m close to looking to stream other options. 

periodically throughout his career he's had stretches of 3-5 games where everybody goes "what's wrong with Russ" then he turns it on and finishes as a top-5 QB. This might be that except instead of happening in September, when it usually happens, it's happening...now. 

That or some combination of offensive line injuries, RB injuries, and maybe the new infant not letting him sleep is throwing him off. He's been a downer for a month now but it's hard to sit him because when he does come back he's gonna drop a 40 burger. 

Edited by yossarian
  • Thanks 1

[...] I know he's been mediocre but I still can't get myself to start a Tribusky/Spot Start type over him, especially in the playoffs. [...] I''m pretty sure I'll still be rolling with him but I'm definitely a lot more nervous than I was a couple weeks ago

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

i have him stacked with DK. i picked up Taysom Hill a few weeks back incase this kept going, If Brees comes back that screws with the plan. might just pick up Jalen Hurts and see what happens since i have a first round bye in playoffs. if Hurts goes nutty in New Orleans i might consider him vs arizona and dallas over russ vs washington and rams

1 hour ago, Polluticorn said:

i have him stacked with DK. i picked up Taysom Hill a few weeks back incase this kept going, If Brees comes back that screws with the plan. might just pick up Jalen Hurts and see what happens since i have a first round bye in playoffs. if Hurts goes nutty in New Orleans i might consider him vs arizona and dallas over russ vs washington and rams

Yeah, I'm liking Hurts as an alt to Russ in weeks 15 and 16, as crazy as that sounds.

14 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Hurts with that O line over Russel Wilson y'all are insane.

Russ is a good QB. We all know this. He has these rough patches every year. It will not last.

Hurts can run and has a soft schedule. Russ has been off for several weeks, has a bad O-line, and has a tough schedule in weeks 15 and 16. His rough patch may not last, but it may last long enough to knock you out of the playoffs.

17 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Hurts can run and has a soft schedule. Russ has been off for several weeks, has a bad O-line, and has a tough schedule in weeks 15 and 16. His rough patch may not last, but it may last long enough to knock you out of the playoffs.

Exactly he is just not him self and that was against easier teams then he will be seeing in weeks 15 and 16. if Russ goes nuts vs the Jets and Hurts bombs vs the Saints this will make me play Russ vs washington. but if Russ bombs vs the Jets and Hurts goes off then i might have to go Hurts. unlike wentz he actually throws to receivers and runs. plus these rookies always have a few good games while there is no film on them