NBC Sports Edge Forums

Russell Wilson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

look at some of the QBs WFT played this season: daniel jones (twice), andy dalton (twice), joe burrow, and nick mullens. tbh those qb's are pretty sorry lol (burrows got a bright future tho), so WFT's

Edit: holy crap, I seem to have typed most of that post with my forehead. Time for a coffee.

Hurts with that O line over Russel Wilson y'all are insane. Russ is a good QB. We all know this. He has these rough patches every year. It will not last.

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Polluticorn said:

So he can beat the jets. Does that build confidence vs WFT and the Rams?

no. That WTF DLine is going to feast and I believe he had his worst game of the season against the Rams the first time, correct?

on the other hand...when Russ gets hot it kind of doesn't matter who he's going against. The question is "is this just lolJets or is it the start of another Russ streak?".

I might bench Russ this week because I fear that the great Washington pass rush will overwhelm the Seattle OL.  But there is an optimistic perspective:

The Redskins played 5 good QBs this season:  Kyler, Lamar, Goff, Stafford, Roethlisberger.  All 5 had good or great fantasy games.

The Redskins shut down the QB 8 times.  All 8 were backups and slumping starters.  Just within their division, they played 6 games against Carson Wentz / Andy Dalton / Daniel Jones.

• Like 2

The alternatives are likely bad.  But Washington D is playing lights out and Seattle has looked lost on offense most of the last 6 weeks.  I’d say < 2td’s and the yardage to match this week.  Probably a turnover or two as well.  Washington isn’t a team to force a shootout either so their won’t be the opportunity for the points that come by that scenario either.  Most likely is these teams trading stalled drives for much of the game.  Hope I’m wrong!

1 hour ago, Guccimonster said:

Play your best players and hope the redskins can score points with smith maybe shelfed, this isn’t about matchup based anything. Russ needs to be started as a top 5 qb every week, play your best players!

Except his last 5 games which have been barely qb2 quality on average

Ultimately it comes down to whether or not that OLine can buy Wilson any time at all against the WTF front four, who have been dominant for a while now. If he CAN get some passes off WTF has been vulnerable in the secondary and those WRs could get some big gains. That's a mighty big "if" though. On top of that I just don't see WTF scoring many points so this won't be some boat race with the Seahawks scrambling to keep up and force it downfield. I could see this being like a 17-13 game with Wilson putting up 250ish and a TD with 3 or 4 sacks and a ton of hurries. He's been so good for most of the season and he might be emerging from his slump but it's a bad matchup for sure. 

It's also a west coast team coming east for a 1pm game. That's never helpful.

11 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Ultimately it comes down to whether or not that OLine can buy Wilson any time at all against the WTF front four, who have been dominant for a while now. If he CAN get some passes off WTF has been vulnerable in the secondary and those WRs could get some big gains. That's a mighty big "if" though. On top of that I just don't see WTF scoring many points so this won't be some boat race with the Seahawks scrambling to keep up and force it downfield. I could see this being like a 17-13 game with Wilson putting up 250ish and a TD with 3 or 4 sacks and a ton of hurries. He's been so good for most of the season and he might be emerging from his slump but it's a bad matchup for sure. 

It's also a west coast team coming east for a 1pm game. That's never helpful.

Yeah all of this is bad lol. Russ struggled against the Rams so much because of their pass rush.

But what are you going to do. Sometimes you have to trust in the talent. The Jets game came at the perfect time and hopefully it was a get right game.

20 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Yeah all of this is bad lol. Russ struggled against the Rams so much because of their pass rush.

But what are you going to do. Sometimes you have to trust in the talent. The Jets game came at the perfect time and hopefully it was a get right game.

oh yeah. for sure. it's rare that anybody is going to have an alternative they'd like to start instead of Russ. 

look at some of the QBs WFT played this season: daniel jones (twice), andy dalton (twice), joe burrow, and nick mullens. tbh those qb's are pretty sorry lol (burrows got a bright future tho), so WFT's defense is inflated in terms of QB fantasy production IMO. 

some other QBs WFT played this season: Kyler murray, lamar jax, goff, stafford, and big ben. Big ben scored the least out of those QBs with 25, but the other qb's of that list scored over 30 fantasy points. 

idk about you guys but russ and that offense is not like giants, cowboys, bengals, and 9ers. odds are good for russ this week. if WFT ends up stopping russ and the seahawks from dropping fantasy points for us, then hats off to them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've teetered back and forth on Russ and Goff so much my head is spinning.  What bodes well for them is I think they will both get plenty of possessions and shots at some points.  It goes without saying vs the Jets....... but in terms of vs WFT...with or without Alex Smith (especially without), I think Seattle D keeps them in good field position and forces a lot of 3 and outs/TO's.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, CletisVanDamme said:

I've teetered back and forth on Russ and Goff so much my head is spinning.  What bodes well for them is I think they will both get plenty of possessions and shots at some points.  It goes without saying vs the Jets....... but in terms of vs WFT...with or without Alex Smith (especially without), I think Seattle D keeps them in good field position and forces a lot of 3 and outs/TO's.

I'm feeling a 1 TD game from Goff this week. I know everyone is talking about firing him up but this is going to be the Akers show and Goff isn't going to do much of anything. Week 16 is when Goff is interesting.

I honestly think the WFT will keep this game competitive. My worry is that it will be the 14-9 kind of competitive rather than the 28-21 kind of competitive. It's more about whether Russ succumbs to the WFT pass rush.

Edited by MingusDew
3 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

I'm nervous about starting him next week in the finals smh. Why, Russ! Rams looked like doodoo today but Russ hasn't looked like himself since he tried to trademark "Let Russ Cook." What y'all think about next week's matchup?

Wont be in it because Russ only put up 15