Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Desean Jackson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ECR of #168 overall. ADP of #172 overall. One of the biggest steals of FF this year, and is falling under the radar. Zero-WR Drafters should jump all over this guy as a late-round dart throw. Low risk

He will pull his buttocks muscle in the first game and then be on the shelf for the rest of the season.

That is good insight. I think all of us have at least have a more nuanced way of looking at what threats the “Football Team’s” defense can pose. We’ll all have our stances but you’ve done everyone a f

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He will pull his buttocks muscle in the first game and then be on the shelf for the rest of the season.

 

hope your wrong but wouldnt be surprised...i missed out on his boom last year in week 1 by leaving him on the bench...now i get week 1 again with washington again...i gotta believe that lightning will strike twice lol i do look at it as if he had a whole year to recover from any other lingering ailments he may have had that did not really get a chance to heal...i think this is the best condition he has been in for a long time...im willing to bet on that

Edited by Power-O
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Power-O said:

 

hope your wrong but wouldnt be surprised...i missed out on his boom last year in week 1 by leaving him on the bench...now i get week 1 again with washington again...i gotta believe that lightning will strike twice lol i do look at it as if he had a whole year to recover from any other lingering ailments he may have had that did not really get a chance to heal...i think this is the best condition he has been in for a long time...im willing to bet on that

if he's on your team week 1 is the week to start him. He's only got 1-3 weeks of good health in him so might as well get while the gettin's good. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

Fire him up until he drops dead. 6 games against the skins, Giants and Cowboys secondaries. Should be force fed in the beginning of the due to lack of targets. People don’t think about the chemistry between wentz and DJax from last years training camp. Had two 2 TDs last week one .

 

I'm a D Jax owner, but I'm also a Washington fan.  I can tell you with full confidence that the circumstances of D Jax going off for 2 TDs last week 1 - poor pass rush, which gave Wentz way too much time on 3rd and 10 and poor miscommunication in the secondary (both times) - will not repeat themselves this year with the additions of Chase Young and Jack Del Rio and the subtractions of Greg Manusky, Josh Norman and Monte Nicholson. 

 

Edited by SkinsNation
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

Buddy, you guys have Troy Apke and Landon Collins at safety this year. A special teamer and a linebacker. Ronald Darby is toast along with whoever else is at CB. Pass rush is better but I wouldn’t be scared of my fantasy player going against the Washington D

 

Troy Apke has 4.34 speed and had a 74.2 coverage grade from PFF last year.  The old staff idiotically had Nicholson starting over him.  He will be a solid FS at the very least.  Ronald Darby was fresh off an ACL injury he suffered at the end of 2018.  2019 was a notable outlier in an otherwise solid career.  Kendall Fuller is our other CB.

Pass rush is much better.  Sweat looked completely different at the end of last year vs. the beginning, and I don't have to tell you about Young.  

And going from Greg Manusky (currently a defensive quality control assistant for the Kentucky Wildcats) to Jack Del Rio at DC is like going from a hoopty to a Maserati.

All I'm saying is don't expect D Jax to go off like he did last year.  He could still have a nice game, but I definitely wouldn't start him over the guys I had ranked much higher in the draft.

 

 

Edited by SkinsNation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SkinsNation said:

 

Troy Apke has 4.34 speed and had a 74.2 coverage grade from PFF last year.  The old staff idiotically had Nicholson starting over him.  He will be a solid FS at the very least.  Ronald Darby was fresh off an ACL injury he suffered at the end of 2018.  2019 was a notable outlier in an otherwise solid career.  Kendall Fuller is our other CB.

Pass rush is much better.  Sweat looked completely different at the end of last year vs. the beginning, and I don't have to tell you about Young.  

And going from Greg Manusky (currently a defensive quality control assistant for the Kentucky Wildcats) to Jack Del Rio at DC is like going from a hoopty to a Maserati.

All I'm saying is don't expect D Jax to go off like he did last year.  He could still have a nice game, but I definitely wouldn't start him over the guys I had ranked much higher in the draft.

 

 

That is good insight. I think all of us have at least have a more nuanced way of looking at what threats the “Football Team’s” defense can pose. We’ll all have our stances but you’ve done everyone a favor. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 8:14 PM, SkinsNation said:

 

Troy Apke has 4.34 speed and had a 74.2 coverage grade from PFF last year.  The old staff idiotically had Nicholson starting over him.  He will be a solid FS at the very least.  Ronald Darby was fresh off an ACL injury he suffered at the end of 2018.  2019 was a notable outlier in an otherwise solid career.  Kendall Fuller is our other CB.

Pass rush is much better.  Sweat looked completely different at the end of last year vs. the beginning, and I don't have to tell you about Young.  

And going from Greg Manusky (currently a defensive quality control assistant for the Kentucky Wildcats) to Jack Del Rio at DC is like going from a hoopty to a Maserati.

All I'm saying is don't expect D Jax to go off like he did last year.  He could still have a nice game, but I definitely wouldn't start him over the guys I had ranked much higher in the draft.

 

 

That WFT defense might end up being a "two true outcomes" defense--sack or a touchdown given up. The front side is looking beastly but the backside is looking a bit ghastly unless they have some true diamonds in the rough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

do i expect him to get 8/154/2 again? No

 

Expecting 10/200/3 :)

 

lol but in all seriousness rolling with Djax this week, possibly his highest ceiling all season until the injury hits+WRs come back

Edited by rahuLL
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ree10 said:

Reagor practiced in full today. Is DJax still a must start this week with this news?

i believe so..  i like it better that raegor might possibly be playing.. i cant imagine Raegor getting a full target workload 1st NFL game risking that shoulder reinjured and perhaps some more one on one coverage for DJax to go off

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 8:14 PM, SkinsNation said:

And going from Greg Manusky (currently a defensive quality control assistant for the Kentucky Wildcats) to Jack Del Rio at DC is like going from a hoopty to a Maserati.

 

 

Thanks for the great insight on the personnel (I'm not being sarcastic), but don't get too excited about Del Rio.  He's totally overrated.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...