NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who to take with the #1 waiver? Due tonight!!!

Hi all, I could use some opinions for my deep dynasty league -- roster and league info below. With the top waiver spot I have my pick of players available and def. need an infusion of quality depth. Top names include...

QBs
Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, Herbert, Stidham, Foles - grab one of these in case Cam doesn't start in NE?

RBs
A. Gibson, AJ Dillon, L. Perine, D. Evans, J. Kelly, Deejay Dallas - mostly slim pickings after these rookies; I have enough numbers at the position, but after Kamara and CEH it's a lot of question marks (esp. Devonta).

WRs
Higgins, Laviska, B. Edwards, Mims, Josh Reynolds, Hamler, Claypool, Tyrell Williams - there are a few more useful rooks and vets, but pretty much below this tier.

I need depth at all three positions, so kind of torn. I'm leaning Gibson if I go RB or any of the first 4 WRs listed (Higgins is my personal fave of those.)

Thoughts on what best fits my roster needs, and who you think is the best available? Any help sometime tonight would be much appreciated (waivers process overnight). Thanks much!

16-team dynasty; .4 PPR, IDP, 6 pts/passing TDs; start QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, D, DB, DB, DL, DL
QB: P. Rivers, C. Newton
RB: A. Kamara, C. Edwards-Helaire, Duke Johnson, L. Murray, B. Snell, B. Love, D. Freeman
WR: J. Jones, A. Cooper, H. Renfrow, J. Meyers, M. Boykin
TE: T. Kelce, I. Thomas
K: Robbie Gould DEF/ST: Cowboys
LB: T. Edwards, B. Martinez DB: V. Bell, H. Clinton-Dix DL: J. Watt, Y. Ngakoue

The only ones in play for me are Teddy, Gibson, Dillon, and the 1st 4 WRs. 

My personal preference, is probably either Gibson or Higgins. Depends on if you’d rather go RB or WR. Gibson probably he lore immediate production, while Higgins is better long term. 

Edwards would be #1 on my list. Physical comps to Owens, outstanding hands catcher, & might end up starting before long. He would definitely be an upgrade over Meyers for you

Gibson is a great athlete, but a project as a RB with very little time played at the position & a crowded room with Peterson, Barber, & Love (who you already have)

Edited by lvsaint429
3 hours ago, jnormy said:

Thoughts on what best fits my roster needs, and who you think is the best available?

From the rookie RBs I like Gibson, Dillon and Dallas. In Dynasty Gibson is clearly the guy to own, and you can safely drop Snell for him.

From the WRs I'd throw a couple dollars at Bryan Edwards, who's already turning heads in Vegas. You could drop Boykin for him.

Bridgewater is possibly a bit safer than Cam, but I don't like either very much. You might as well stay put.

Thanks for the replies guys. One more question, if I may, based on a conversation I"m having with a league mate. Would you do Rivers/the waiver pick for Brees/Steven Sims? Brees' questionable future after this year makes it tough for a dynasty, but seems like an upgrade for this season. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, jnormy said:

Thanks for the replies guys. One more question, if I may, based on a conversation I"m having with a league mate. Would you do Rivers/the waiver pick for Brees/Steven Sims? Brees' questionable future after this year makes it tough for a dynasty, but seems like an upgrade for this season. Thoughts?

No chance! Rivers/Brees are both older & any year could be their last at this point. So would you really take Sims (on a team going nowhere) over Edwards (a possible starter on a young improving team)?

54 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

No chance! Rivers/Brees are both older & any year could be their last at this point. So would you really take Sims (on a team going nowhere) over Edwards (a possible starter on a young improving team)?

Yeah, that's where I was leaning, and already turned down the offer. Thanks much!

• Like 1