NBC Sports EDGE Forums

8/18 - GAME DAY THREAD

Fuzzy_Slippers

1 hour ago, Crusaderfan said:

Shaun Anderson just threw a fastball at Trout's earhole - even pissed off the MLB studio guys.. Not sure I'd want to be the Giants lead-off hitter tomorrow

That is usually Yaz and they better not.  He is their best hitter and also mine on multiple teams.  Just human sacrifice Shaun Anderson before tomorrow's game to appease the stupid unwritten rules of baseball gods and be done with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phreak_09 said:

Any Marco Gonzalez owners rolling him out tonight against the Dodgers? I'm terrified with how hot the Dodgers bats have been but I could really use the Ks and IP. Should I roll the dice or steer clear?

Lol, this aged so well.

• Like 2

Burnes just did an excellent job of getting himself out of a jam to K Nelson Cruz with bases loaded. They were spoiling some great pitches. His curve was damn near a revelation tonight, gives him another big velo spectrum weapon. Much better sequencing tonight too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

Anyone starting Snell against the Yankees?

We may be a lucky to get a single QS out of him all year but I'll take today's line on the road against the Yankees.  He didn't get obliterated (which was certainly a possibility).  At this point, I consider him my # 5 starter so I'll take the production that I'm getting.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Did our boy Dylan Carlson step up to the plate with the bases loaded & nobody out and take a giant dump for the second time in as many days?

I suppose it’s no longer permissible to have a rookie wear a dress on team flights.  Maybe they could at least attack him with rat tails in the shower.

Yep. he did. 30ft nubber between pitcher and catcher on the first pitch for a force out at home...again...At least the first time he hit the ball hard.