NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2014... Kanye & Kim are getting married, everyone is doing the ALS ice bucket challenge, going to see Guardians of the Galaxy and listening to "Shake It Off". People can buy weed legally in Colora

Guy hasn't played in the league in years...he was looking about cooked then as well.  Just got signed 11 days ago and people think he is going to come in and put up WR3 numbers lolol.     He

GettyImages-502024288-e1604688432835.jpg
Getty Images

Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson is loving what he’s seeing from practice squad wide receiver Dez Bryant.

Jackson said Bryant has impressed on the practice field and will be a major contributor to the Ravens’ offense when he gets called up to the active roster.

“Oh man, he’s a great route runner, strong hands, he’s dialed into the playbook; he’s always asking me questions about the playbook – stuff like that,” Jackson said, via USA Today. “He wants to compete. I just can’t wait until he gets out there with us on Sundays and fully practices with us.”

Bryant hasn’t played in an NFL game since the end of the 2017 season, so he has three years of rust to knock off. But Jackson sounds confident Bryant will be ready to go soon.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/06/lamar-jackson-i-cant-wait-to-have-dez-bryant-on-the-field-on-sundays/

Guy hasn't played in the league in years...he was looking about cooked then as well.  Just got signed 11 days ago and people think he is going to come in and put up WR3 numbers lolol.  

He is going to a highly TD dependent option.  With that said, I think the biggest reason they are brining him in is for red zone plays to see if he can still go up and high point it.  

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Guy hasn't played in the league in years...he was looking about cooked then as well.  Just got signed 11 days ago and people think he is going to come in and put up WR3 numbers lolol.  

He is going to a highly TD dependent option.  With that said, I think the biggest reason they are brining him in is for red zone plays to see if he can still go up and high point it.  

yeah like Jimmy Graham and the like that type of player is still fairly valuable in fantasy.  If Dez goes 5 for 50 with a td chance or two every week that's like having a low end TE1.  Worth an end of bench flyer.  He looks cooked this week you drop him.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I picked him up but I'm not expecting anything.  The Ravens have a good front office with a good track record of evaluating talent.  That alone makes me curious.  If you're dropping someone that's on the verge of walking the plank anyways... why not🤷‍♂️

On 10/22/2020 at 12:25 PM, Swaggy said:

If anyone saw the chiefs game, it was evident the ravens needed more receiving weapons. Marquise brown has never been able to live up to his off-season hype. That’s why when the Antonio brown speculation began, people were throwing the ravens into the discussion as a possible landing spot. Now they made their choice of Dez Bryant so it’s obvious theyre going to utilize him. Even if dez get 5 catches for 70 yds a game, throw in a td here and there, it’s still 18 ppg in ppr. They’re not signing him for the fun of it. Pick him up while you can! 

^

5 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Wait and watch the game.....

And if he shows well you've missed your window - it'll come down to waiver priority or a Faab bidding war.

The window is right now, before the game starts, *if* you've got an end of bench spot that isn't costly to free up for him. Sit on him for a game or two and see what he does. Then you either go back to waivers or you enjoy.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

I picked him up but I'm not expecting anything.  The Ravens have a good front office with a good track record of evaluating talent.  That alone makes me curious.  If you're dropping someone that's on the verge of walking the plank anyways... why not🤷‍♂️

Name the last fantasy relevant Ravens receiver.... I'll wait. 

7 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Probably Torrey Smith if we’re being honest with ourselves

IMO it was probably when they rented Steve Smith. Otherwise the Ravens WR1 has been the biggest boom bust for dare I say the last decade or more.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, A27K said:

Name the last fantasy relevant Ravens receiver.... I'll wait. 

Name the last time they had anyone close to the talent level of Dez.

Granted, he hasn't played in a lifetime. And suffered an injury that some players never fully recover from. And is old. And Lamar hasn't played well.

Odds are there's nothing to see here. But there are far worse end of bench stashes at this point in the season.

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

yeah like Jimmy Graham and the like that type of player is still fairly valuable in fantasy.  If Dez goes 5 for 50 with a td chance or two every week that's like having a low end TE1.  Worth an end of bench flyer.  He looks cooked this week you drop him.

lololol. You think Dez is getting 5 catches??  I’ll bet he doesn’t get 5 targets in any game this year.