NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyler Boyd 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, InVINCEable said:

[...] What are expectations ROS? 

Same as what he's done - WR 2/3 in Standard. If he actually gets some scores (only 1 TD so far) he has low WR1 matchup-dependent upside.

Even with a rookie QB he's a solid play most weeks. Not so sure about Indy this week but I got him in there. 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Green 3 catches 😤😤 29 yards 🔥🔥 Overrated- your analysis 

You'd rather Crowder, ESanders, and Tate a couple rounds later? I can't ride with you on that. Boyd has put up back-to-back 1000yd seasons and has caught 166 balls in those seasons. Sanders won't get

16. Tyler Boyd vs. Tavierre Thomas (CLE) Thomas allowed a 100% completion percentage and a TD last week. His 158.3 passer rating allowed ranked as the very worst among ALL cornerbacks in Week

13 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Burrow was a huge fan of his slot receiver in college.  I honestly think Boyd has Top 10 PPR upside.  Not this year, but as Burrow develops and they hopefully build him a line, I can see him getting 100+ catches a year as Burrows #1 target. 

i see this too, its why i targeted boyd over ceedee lamb in a keeper league. not so many mouths to feed in cinci unlike in dallas. 

7 minutes ago, brosephd said:

thoughts for this matchup? 

Not great. No one has really gone off on them this year - they've only allowed 4 double digit games in standard to WRs so far in 5 games - Cole/Shenault both in Week 1, Berrios(?) in Week 3 and Robinson in Week 4. They've not exactly played a "Murderers' Row" of offenses so far but flip side of that coin is CIN is as weak as anyone they've played. 

Bright side is the pass is the way to beat them as they're #3 overall vs RBs (#10 vs WRs). 

Overall his upside is capped in this one - but he's been so consistent as far as targets/receptions against most everyone I think it's reasonable to expect WR3 numbers (8-10 points standard). 

7 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

7 for 72 and a TD against CLE a few weeks ago. 

Am I crazy to think Boyd is roughly a top 15 PPR option in this matchup?

Not at all. Pittsburgh receivers, outside of JuJu had a nice game last week. Cleveland’s weakness is their secondary and hopefully we get a similar point total as his first meeting. 

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's totally boned if AJ Green becomes the Larry Fitz in this offense (reliable slot guy) per last week's results. 

Boyd is the slot guy, unless they made a change yesterday. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, brosephd said:

is he must start again vs. browns? did pretty well before, this time tee higgins emerging more. quietly consistent

Depends on situation. In a 10-team as you appear to be probably not. For me in a 12-team w/a flex he has been a must-start regardless of matchup. Finally he has a decent matchup - he'll be good - hoping for great.

• Like 3
On 10/20/2020 at 12:53 PM, Brettg57 said:

Not at all. Pittsburgh receivers, outside of JuJu had a nice game last week. Cleveland’s weakness is their secondary and hopefully we get a similar point total as his first meeting. 

PPR?  I don’t think that is “crazy” at all. Very realistic given the matchup.  Sure, it might not happen but “crazy” would be a stretch IMO.  He’s getting looks and the cats are throwing a ton.  

glta

13 hours ago, brosephd said:

is he must start again vs. browns? did pretty well before, this time tee higgins emerging more. quietly consistent

T Higgins ascending is a good thing. 

But now the ghost of A.J Green is making noise ... that shiiii I don't like. 

Dude is a weekly start and now ranked 12th wr overall in 0.5ppr on ESPN...low end WR1 still producing despite green crying and getting fed more and higgins emerging. Weekly start for me. Even with all the above he's giving you wr2 production in the least

Edited by Guwop
  • #9 in ppr.

• target leader on the team with nearly 9 targets/game

• nice matchups ROS: Ten - Bye - Pit - Was - NYG - Mia - Dal - Pit

• tied to joe burrow for the next years (nice in dynasty)

Don't want to tell you I told you he be really nice, but...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/27/2020 at 5:01 AM, thebadferret said:
  • #9 in ppr.

• target leader on the team with nearly 9 targets/game

• nice matchups ROS: Ten - Bye - Pit - Was - NYG - Mia - Dal - Pit

• tied to joe burrow for the next years (nice in dynasty)

Don't want to tell you I told you he be really nice, but...

I remember when the aj green truthers were claiming AJ would be running away as the best WR on the team halfway through the season lol

• Like 3
On 11/1/2020 at 1:38 PM, Brettg57 said:

Another day at the office.

6-67-1Tuddie on seven targets. Rock. Freaking. Solid.

Tyler Boyd the new 'Slot Master' 

2020's Godwin. You love to see it