Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyler Boyd 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Green 3 catches 😤😤 29 yards 🔥🔥 Overrated- your analysis 

You'd rather Crowder, ESanders, and Tate a couple rounds later? I can't ride with you on that. Boyd has put up back-to-back 1000yd seasons and has caught 166 balls in those seasons. Sanders won't get

16. Tyler Boyd vs. Tavierre Thomas (CLE) Thomas allowed a 100% completion percentage and a TD last week. His 158.3 passer rating allowed ranked as the very worst among ALL cornerbacks in Week

Burrow showed a lot of love for his slot receiver at LSU so I’m not surprised Boyd is benefiting.  What I am surprised at is how amazing this passing offense has been overall and that it’s been able to support Higgins and Boyd. Assuming no Baker Mayfield/Daniel Jones type drop offs next year Boyd is going to eat for years to come. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

Must admit didn’t think he would be doing as well this season as last couple. Expected AJ Green, Higgins, Ross etc to steal some of the targets but Cincinnati has been able to support multiple WRs thus far.


This is no surprise. Look at how Burrow used Jefferson at LSU. Jets was LSU’s slot guy with Chase and Marshall on the outside. One of the reasons I drafted Boyd was because I believed Burrow would look for his slot guy in the NFL as much as he did at LSU. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Burrow showed a lot of love for his slot receiver at LSU so I’m not surprised Boyd is benefiting.  What I am surprised at is how amazing this passing offense has been overall and that it’s been able to support Higgins and Boyd. Assuming no Baker Mayfield/Daniel Jones type drop offs next year Boyd is going to eat for years to come. 


Wait until they actually get an OL. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

Now the 11th ranked WR in standard scoring too, so not just a PPR darling.

 

I'm surprised by this also. Have him in standard, but would've loved him in PPR.

Either way not complaining. 

He's a great anchor for your WR corps, can't beat that consistency. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

Must admit didn’t think he would be doing as well this season as last couple. Expected AJ Green, Higgins, Ross etc to steal some of the targets but Cincinnati has been able to support multiple WRs thus far.

 

Not just support multiple but make Boyd THE guy in the receiving corps. He's an wr1 in ALL formats easily beating his ADP and making up for a bunch of early round WR busts. Burrow finally realized where he should be going and it's paid off

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Not liking the matchup, but Boyd is must start no question.

The chemistry he shows with Burrow is straight fire.

If Bengals have any hope of winning this game, they need to score often.

 

Unless Rudolph ends up starting. Hopefully Ben gets activated off the COVID list in time to play

Link to post
Share on other sites

Curtis Samuel

Randall Cobb

Chris Godwin

Cole Beasley

 

That's the list of qualified WRs with a higher catch rate than Tyler Boyd. Godwin by a fraction of a percent, and he's the only one on that list who actually runs routes downfield consistently. 

He indeed has amazing consistency with Burrow, and he has some of the best hands in the league. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Boyd mostly plays in the slot? How is PIT against that position?

All over the place.

10 points to Sterling Shepard. 

20 points to Randall Cobb. 

7 to Jarvis Landry. 

2 to Adam Humphries.

15 to Willie Snead.

Not sure who lines up in the slot for Dallas, but that game doesn't really matter anyway. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

you're still gonna start him because he's a stud

As is often pointed out on this forum, this isn't going to be true for every owner, in every format. Boyd will be on my bench this weekend. What is a "no brainer start" for you may be a tough call for someone else. 

Edited by ajs723
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

All over the place.

10 points to Sterling Shepard. 

20 points to Randall Cobb. 

7 to Jarvis Landry. 

2 to Adam Humphries.

15 to Willie Snead.

Not sure who lines up in the slot for Dallas, but that game doesn't really matter anyway. 

 

 

Is this in full PPR or half?

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

All over the place.

10 points to Sterling Shepard. 

20 points to Randall Cobb. 

7 to Jarvis Landry. 

2 to Adam Humphries.

15 to Willie Snead.

Not sure who lines up in the slot for Dallas, but that game doesn't really matter anyway. 

 

 

Doesn’t Lamb run routes mainly in the slot? He had around 60 yards and a TD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

Why? Pittsburgh is 24th in my half PPR league in points allowed to WRs. 

That's possible, but the Steelers have the number 3 ranked pass defense in the league by DVOA. If you've watched them play in the last season or two, you know this defense is elite. Sometimes fantasy points allowed numbers can be misleading. This is a bad matchup for Boyd. No other way to slice it. Burrow is likely to get killed. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

That's possible, but the Steelers have the number 3 ranked pass defense in the league by DVOA. If you've watched them play in the last season or two, you know this defense is elite. Sometimes fantasy points allowed numbers can be misleading. This is a bad matchup for Boyd. No other way to slice it. Burrow is likely to get killed. 

 

It's a real bad match up for Burrow, Mixon/Gio, Higgins, and Green.

It's not terrible for Boyd.

Not great, but not too bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

It's a real bad match up for Burrow, Mixon/Gio, Higgins, and Green.

It's not terrible for Boyd.

Not great, but not too bad.

This feels like you're trying to talk yourself into it. I get that Boyd is probably hurt the least by the matchup, but it's still not good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...