NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyler Boyd 2020 Outlook

I maintain he's a sell high if you can, especially in smaller leagues. Probably not an easy proposition to get a good buy from savvy owners, but worth a try.

For me, Boyd falls into the same fantasy WR category as so many others like Hilton, Campbell, CeeDee, Diggs, Ruggs, Reagor, Slayton, and on and on. Lots of talent, good situation, capable of going off on any given week, but hard to trust as anything more than a flex.

I'm in a 10 team redrafter with relatively shallow benches, and from one week to the next, there's always at least a couple of these guys sitting on the waiver (usually the rookies). Any time I get a great game out of one of these guys, I'm looking for opportunity to sell high. Then just grab the next one up off waivers and repeat.

The best tactic I've ever learned in fantasy is to always look for ways to improve your team. And usually, that means capitalizing on big games from players like this. Not holding them and hoping they're the next Thomas or Adams. Because usually they're not. This isn't a knock on Boyd, or any of these guys - it's just my opinion on the best strategy to employ to have a successful fantasy season.

Edited by JAG_challam
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Green 3 catches 😤😤 29 yards 🔥🔥 Overrated- your analysis 

You'd rather Crowder, ESanders, and Tate a couple rounds later? I can't ride with you on that. Boyd has put up back-to-back 1000yd seasons and has caught 166 balls in those seasons. Sanders won't get

16. Tyler Boyd vs. Tavierre Thomas (CLE) Thomas allowed a 100% completion percentage and a TD last week. His 158.3 passer rating allowed ranked as the very worst among ALL cornerbacks in Week

3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Once AJG is injured Boyd is going cray cray. .

He would go Ham. However I'm fine with AJ playing and drawing coverage away.

Just wish they would stop forcing him the ball so much, & let the game flow naturally.

Burrow does spread it around alot , if last game was any indication. From Higgins, to the TE's, Mike Thomas, etc.

But regardless I know the focal point of this aerial attack is Boyd + AJ Green. 

• Like 1
On 9/27/2020 at 10:10 PM, Hacksawjimduggan said:

It's amazing how the offense was sparked when Burrow stopped forcefeeding Green. 

Exactly...especially when most of the targets for green were bad or he couldn't get to them. As long as green stays on drawing top defense based of his name alone boyd should still produce

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

Exactly...especially when most of the targets for green were bad or he couldn't get to them. As long as green stays on drawing top defense based of his name alone boyd should still produce

Even TH's good game does nothing but help Boyd.  He's staying locked and loaded in my lineup, because nobody values Boyd like Boyd owners.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Guwop said:

Yeah...but how long does that last?  
But whatever.   Boyd in the slot may yield something similar to a healthy Godwin.  

Have ppl forgotten the year dalton had both Boyd and AJ green 

forgot if it was like 3 or 4 years ago but 

boyd killed it that season. 
ppl who sell high will end up regretting it. He’s my WR3 in a 12 team you couldn’t ask for a better player to have in the flex. 
shot at this point he’s out produced my WR2 

hyped i have him, this is exactly what a lot of ppl were expecting 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, HOF12 said:

Have ppl forgotten the year dalton had both Boyd and AJ green 

forgot if it was like 3 or 4 years ago but 

boyd killed it that season. 
ppl who sell high will end up regretting it. He’s my WR3 in a 12 team you couldn’t ask for a better player to have in the flex. 
shot at this point he’s out produced my WR2 

hyped i have him, this is exactly what a lot of ppl were expecting 

He’s outproduced several WR1 and 2s.

• Like 1

Been getting targeted but man the lack of red zone targets is concerning. They don't look to him much around there, tee freaking higgins got 2 td's. Given they were both gimme's. But would like to see the Offensive coordinator place Boyd in this easy positions too. Give my guy a slant in the RZ too please. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

Been getting targeted but man the lack of red zone targets is concerning. They don't look to him much around there, tee freaking higgins got 2 td's. Given they were both gimme's. But would like to see the Offensive coordinator place Boyd in this easy positions too. Give my guy a slant in the RZ too please. 

Yeah, like I said though about Tee Higgins getting his 2 TD's, he's going to command more attention in the redzone.  That means more opps for our Boyd.

On 9/19/2020 at 8:55 AM, SyNdicateZ said:

Once AJG is injured Boyd is going cray cray. .

The reason he's getting all the production now is because AJ has been drawing the good coverage....and it has been good. If AJ was out these three weeks people would be down on Boyd just as they are AJ now.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 1