NBC Sports Edge Forums

Randal Grichuk 2020 Outlook

Maybe the new stance is working, maybe something is finally clicking, but I’ve seen this movie many times before and it always ends up the same - he goes 1 for his next 20 with 10 k’s after I pick him up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Maybe the new stance is working, maybe something is finally clicking, but I’ve seen this movie many times before and it always ends up the same - he goes 1 for his next 20 with 10 k’s after I pick him up.

This is gospel, but I picked up anyway.

Edited by charger_ss24
  • Like 1

It’s small sample size but he’s cut his K% by about 5% and increases his BB% from 5.6 to 9.1%. He’s also lowered his chase rate though his ground ball rate increased and his flyball rate decreased. His BABIP is .381 compared to .290ish in his career so I think his average should regress to a little less than the .294 xBA

Unpacking all that I think he’s going to sustain a good average from hitting more ground balls though he may go through power slumps. Middle of the order bat with a decent average should provide decent RBI and Runs opportunity with power upside and a decent to above average BA I like this cat 

Edited by tristan0823
Correct stat

Well, he went 0/8 today. He looked decent, couple hard hit balls. We hanging in there for a few more games to see if there's still some fire left or we moving on? Hitting 2nd in that Jays lineup certainly isn't a bad spot for R/RBI on top of his HR prowess.

• Thanks 1
On 8/18/2020 at 6:19 PM, meh2 said:

LOL, i missed this. Looks like we're 2/5 on the way to that!

• Like 1