Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dallas Goedert 2020 Outlook


gbill2004
 Share

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Wishful thinking. 

 

Why is that wishful thinking? He was TE10 with Ertz there last season. Who know when Ertz will be back and he's looked like dust anyways.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, newyork2la said:

Am I missing something?  He hasn't had a good game since Week 1 and Wentz seems to favor throwing to his wide receivers, and Raegor is finally back healthy.  Somebody convince me otherwise because I am hurting at TE right now and I'm debating putting in a waiver claim for him

Yes - our TE's suck so we're pinning our hopes on him. He's definitely worth a waiver claim, however - as mentioned he was the TE10 last year with a healthy Ertz, and he should get some run sans Ertz... and Ertz's egg may be cooked anyway.

Also, the WRs being healthy should prevent defenses from keying in on him like they appeared to do with Ertz earlier this year when no one was healthy. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Vendetta said:

Yes - our TE's suck so we're pinning our hopes on him. He's definitely worth a waiver claim, however - as mentioned he was the TE10 last year with a healthy Ertz, and he should get some run sans Ertz... and Ertz's egg may be cooked anyway.

Also, the WRs being healthy should prevent defenses from keying in on him like they appeared to do with Ertz earlier this year when no one was healthy. 

Haha, well I'm definitely in that boat with you.  I had to roll out Jordan Reed last week.  Good call on his production last year and yeah, the healthy WR's could benefit him as well.  Thanks for the input.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FinsUp24 said:

It’s ludicrous that this guy is still available on waivers in some leagues. IMO he’s an easy top 5 TE the rest of the way. 

 

I don't question the talent.  I question the opportunity and target share.  Are the Eagles still a 12 man base offense?  Since week 1, Fulgham has evolved into a WR2 leading the team.  Raegor is back.  Alshon is supposed to be back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

It’s ludicrous that this guy is still available on waivers in some leagues. IMO he’s an easy top 5 TE the rest of the way. 

 

Difficult to say he's an easy top 5 tight end. I don't think he's overtaking Kelce, Waller, Hockenson, Andrews, and Fant. Even guys like Jonnu, Cook, Hurst, Tonyan, Graham, and Ebron have played well. He should certainly be picked up, but he needs to string a couple nice games together to bump him near or into that top tier.

Edited by MrCantaloupe
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JediMasters said:

 

I don't question the talent.  I question the opportunity and target share.  Are the Eagles still a 12 man base offense?  Since week 1, Fulgham has evolved into a WR2 leading the team.  Raegor is back.  Alshon is supposed to be back.

Wentz and Peterson have always heavily featured their TEs. That hasn't really changed that much this season, except Ertz and Goedert both got hurt. Ertz was struggling but was still seeing 8+ targets a game anyways.  Even Richard Rodgers saw 8 targets when he was their only TE to play.  Once the rest of the WRs get healthy it should just help the TEs not hurt them - just look to last season when both Ertz and Goedert were top 10 options with or without the WRs.  Also Goedert is on the field for 85+% of the snaps, hard to find better opportunity, combined with talent and scheme out there on the wire IMO.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

 

Difficult to say he's an easy top 5 tight end. I don't think he's overtaking Kelce, Waller, Hockenson, Andrews, and Fant. Even guys like Jonnu, Cook, Hurst, Tonyan, Graham, and Ebron have played well. He should certainly be picked up, but he needs to string a couple nice games together to bump him near or into that top tier.

 

If he's able to catch 6-8 passes a game consistently he's already better than everyone on that list not named Kelce, Waller or Hockenson.

Andrews hasn't had a good game in like 4 weeks and is barely on the field. Ditto Jonnu. Fant is hurt, Tonyan fading into irrelevance, etc.

It's bleak out there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, JediMasters said:

 

I don't question the talent.  I question the opportunity and target share.  Are the Eagles still a 12 man base offense?  Since week 1, Fulgham has evolved into a WR2 leading the team.  Raegor is back.  Alshon is supposed to be back.

According to Sharp Football, the Eagles have ran 12 Personnel 34% of the time this year, highest in the league.  They've also ran 11 personnel 60% of the time.  So 94% of the time they have at least 1 TE on the field.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

According to Sharp Football, the Eagles have ran 12 Personnel 34% of the time this year, highest in the league.  They've also ran 11 personnel 60% of the time.  So 94% of the time they have at least 1 TE on the field.  

That last game Goedert was out there almost the entire game beside when they took mostly all the valuable guys out on the last drive or second to last. I started him so I was keeping a close eye the entire game plus wanted to see him cutting and everything on that ankle. Good to know it's 94% though for the season with a TE. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

Playing over mark andrews

 

Same. Andrews is 100% TD dependent at this point. Could well have 2 TDs any given game but Goedert has a chance to see much more usage/yardage IMO, even with PHI getting a bunch of weapons back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ertz expected to be back 4-6 weeks after placed on IR would have him returning week 10-12, Unfortunaetly with my 4 man bench and injuries on my roster looks like i will have to drop him to play a defense and ride with fant. Was between him or fant, i know goeddert is a better play w.o ertz but he can be back even by next week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...