NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dallas Goedert 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

SO this. I've got Higbee. They've each had one huge week and I've gone 0 for 2 in terms of who to start. Goedert was drafted so late most people are likely in that same boat. 

Exact same with Jonnu for me.

Started Jonnu week 1, and while he was good, missed out on Goedert's blow up. Switched them this week, and not having Jonnu starting cost me the W again.

0-2, and no clue what to do moving foward.

• Like 1
  • Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#PisEdiRin ? 

IF you sat Dallas G this week, you need to re-evaluate your process. In this TE wasteland you can't bench a guy that is on the field running that many routes and seeing targets.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Started Jonnu week 1, and while he was good, missed out on Goedert's blow up. Switched them this week, and not having Jonnu starting cost me the W again.

LOL - I have Jonnu and Goeddert as well... no clue what to do next week

13 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

When you saw AJ Brown was going to be out week 2, that should have made you lean towards Jonnu. Miles Sanders coming back for the Iggles also should have made you lean Jonnu over Goedert.

Next week Goedert has the Bungles and Jonnu has the Vikings. Both teams have piss poor defenses, and the Vikings just lost their best linebacker. I think you could literally flip a coin and start either of them next week and profit. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

When you saw AJ Brown was going to be out week 2, that should have made you lean towards Jonnu. Miles Sanders coming back for the Iggles also should have made you lean Jonnu over Goedert.

Next week Goedert has the Bungles and Jonnu has the Vikings. Both teams have piss poor defenses, and the Vikings just lost their best linebacker. I think you could literally flip a coin and start either of them next week and profit. 

I would also pay attention to the eagles wrs and if they are healthy. The same if AJ Brown is healthy and go from there.

I have Engram and Goedert in one league, went Engram week 1 over Goedert for a swing and a miss.

I also have Fant and Goedert in another league, went Fant week 1 and went Goedert week 2.

Going forward Fant and Engram should do well with the other injuries on their team(Barkley, Shepard, Sutton). So I can be patient with Goedert but he will stay locked on my teams ROS, to much upside.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Makes Ertz playable 2-3 weeks.

Ertz is my starter. He's was by no means studding out, but to imply he wasn't playable isn't wholly accurate either. Through 3 weeks, sans tonight, he's the #11 TE in PPR. Not what I drafted him to be obviously, but not a bust by any stretch.

5 hours ago, Power-O said:

think im dropping him if i can land jimmy g or crazy to say gronk...eagles have been dysfunctional and alshon jeffrey is on his way back...i believe i read a stat when jeff plays the targets for goedert drop...

Cannot make my mind up. There are a couple of decent TEs out there, but I still think he'll get solid targets if he comes back healthy and soon. I'm just not confident that he'll do that. If he misses three weeks then we're looking at the Giants and the Cowboys but then a bye, which suggests to me they might wait until after that. Schedule from wk 10 looks OK, but can we wait that long?

55 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Cannot make my mind up. There are a couple of decent TEs out there, but I still think he'll get solid targets if he comes back healthy and soon. I'm just not confident that he'll do that. If he misses three weeks then we're looking at the Giants and the Cowboys but then a bye, which suggests to me they might wait until after that. Schedule from wk 10 looks OK, but can we wait that long?

There is always the fear of dropping a guy and then him doin well later but to me this game is all about winning every game u can..goedert on my bench for 3-4 weeks is a loss of a roster spot for potentially someone who can help my team...if somebody wants to hold that puts them at a disadvantage...i already have the dallas tight end so im ahead of the game..

It would make things a lot easier if they placed him on IR and those of us with IR slots can at least stash him instead of having to drop. He obviously isn't coming back in less than 3 weeks with a fractured ankle, so hopefully they make this move (before our waivers go through tomorrow!).

51 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

It would make things a lot easier if they placed him on IR and those of us with IR slots can at least stash him instead of having to drop. He obviously isn't coming back in less than 3 weeks with a fractured ankle, so hopefully they make this move (before our waivers go through tomorrow!).

On Yahoo the Out designation counts for IR. Was able to put him there this morning. 

1 minute ago, Quinn the Ezkamo said:

On Yahoo the Out designation counts for IR. Was able to put him there this morning. 

We can technically do the same on ESPN, but our league rule is that only people with the official IR tag can be put on IR. So I'm hoping they just decide to put him on IR today...don't see how they wouldn't IR him with a fractured ankle. He's worth stashing too if he is coming back IMO, could still be a TE1 down the stretch for owners that hold him.

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

My guess with an injury like this is we're looking at a month. Their bye is week 9, so I wouldn't expect him being startable until week 10. Whether to drop or not really just comes down to league/roster size. 

Agree, week 10 return. Makes a nice buy low trade target for Kelce owners, who has his bye on week 10.

• tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked and locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic