Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Hot takes aren't disappointing. Lack of performance on the field is.

 

Then you wouldn't like what Chase Edmonds did last year then.

 

He got hurt when defenses game planned against him.

 

Edmonds got hurt in the only game he started last year, hopefully he does better this year.

 

Eno Benjamin will come and split carries if Drake misses time. Edmonds is a scat back.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the hell is going on this year?  Drake owners are asking if they should be "wasting" a bench spot on Edmonds?  Really? One of the biggest parts of fantasy are owning the game changing handcu

That one lb of muscle makes all the difference.

... i like what you're cooking up here - seems to be crystal clear - Edmonds 'bout to explode ...    

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Then you wouldn't like what Chase Edmonds did last year then.

 

He got hurt when defenses game planned against him.

 

Edmonds got hurt in the only game he started last year, hopefully he does better this year.

 

Eno Benjamin will come and split carries if Drake misses time. Edmonds is a scat back.

He is not a "scat back" he weighs 210 lbs, and not sure if "split " is the correct term, but I agree eno or someone else will earn a certain % of the carries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Then you wouldn't like what Chase Edmonds did last year then.

 

He got hurt when defenses game planned against him.

 

Edmonds got hurt in the only game he started last year, hopefully he does better this year.

 

Eno Benjamin will come and split carries if Drake misses time. Edmonds is a scat back.

Didn't the coach come out earlier in the season and say he thinks Edmonds can be a lead back in the NFL?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Didn't the coach come out earlier in the season and say he thinks Edmonds can be a lead back in the NFL?

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/20/chase-edmonds-starting-rb-arizona-cardinals/

“We all feel like he’s a starting running back in this league and he does, too,” Kingsbury told reporters on Wednesday after practice. “Had he not gotten hurt, I’m not sure if we would have traded for Kenyan.”

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Edmonds played one full game last year and got hurt after that.  

Height and weight are broad measures but do not tell the whole tale.  When I met Earl Thomas back in 2014, we were both 5'11 and 200 lbs.  One of us was a world class athlete and Pro Bowl free safety and the other one was a dad.

Edmonds looks small, light and quick to me.  Drake much heavier and stronger.  I think the Cardinals CS likes Edmonds in exactly the role he has been utilized in so far.  I honestly do not expect it to change much even if Drake is out for an extensive period.

Drake owner and Edmonds owner FWIW.  I started them both yesterday due to injuries and bye weeks and the putrid Seattle D.

  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Edmonds played one full game last year and got hurt after that.  

Height and weight are broad measures but do not tell the whole tale.  When I met Earl Thomas back in 2014, we were both 5'11 and 200 lbs.  One of us was a world class athlete and Pro Bowl free safety and the other one was a dad.

Edmonds looks small, light and quick to me.  Drake much heavier and stronger.  I think the Cardinals CS likes Edmonds in exactly the role he has been utilized in so far.  I honestly do not expect it to change much even if Drake is out for an extensive period.

Drake owner and Edmonds owner FWIW.  I started them both yesterday due to injuries and bye weeks and the putrid Seattle D.

  


I hope his usage, scheme wise, stays the same with just a few more touches overall sprinkled in. He’s an electric factory out there.  He’s flashed for years now and this may be his chance to shoulder a bit more load.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Edmonds gets injured once a he's frail

AJ green has been injured multiple years and folks were saying he wasn't injury prone and wasnt at risk for any lower limb injury this year...y'all just pick and choose who is an injury risk and who isn't depending on who is on your roster lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Myles Gaskin is a good size comparison. Edmonds is the same height at 5'9 and weighs roughly 10 more lbs (211 vs. 201). There is no reason to think Edmond can't shoulder a full work load. He may be a few inches shorter than the average bellcow back, but he has more muscle/weight than that of a typical "scatback". 

Edited by Colonel Forbin
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

None of this is to say that Edmonds is not good.  He has played really well and flashed in the spots he has been given.

And I will certainly be starting Edmonds going forward whether he splits with Eno or another guy in the event Drake misses time.

I just think expectations should be tempered.  We are not getting Marshall Faulk or Jamaal Charles or something.  Edmonds is a good back who will now likely get a few more opportunities but I would be very surprised if it is RB1 usage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is edmonds the prototypical RB, no he’s not. But good thing he’s not in your typical NFL offense. This offense is designed to get people open and in space and Edmonds seems like a player you don’t want to have to tackle in space. He will be much better in PPR, if I had to put a number on it I would say close to 50% of his value will come from the passing game. Murray, somehow, is this teams best goal line back and I don’t think this changes with Drake being injured (maybe for the year, maybe for a few weeks we will know soon). 
 

TLDR; Edmonds will get a bunch of yard and catches while he’s the starter but TDs will be few and far between. I doubt they get to the 1 and run edmonds; so if he scores it will be a longer TD which are flukey.

Edited by Ddam2013
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, don't get me wrong.  I would love to see it.  But I do not expect to.  When Sony Michel went down, the Patriots did not suddenly start giving James White 20 carries per game.  James White is not that style of player.  Neither is Chase Edmonds, I don't believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Is edmonds the prototypical RB, no he’s not. But good thing he’s not in your typical NFL offense. This offense is designed to get people open and in space and Edmonds seems like a player you don’t want to have to tackle in space. He will be much better in PPR, if I had to put a number on it I would say close to 50% of his value will come from the passing game. Murray, somehow, is this teams best goal line back and I don’t think this changes with Drake being injured (maybe for the year, maybe for a few weeks we will know soon). 
 

TLDR; Edmonds will get a bunch of yard and catches while he’s the starter but TDs will be few and far between. I doubt they get to the 1 and run edmonds; so if he scores it will be a longer TD which are flukey.

Doesn’t he already have a couple TD’s inside the 5 this year already. I believe they were both passes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...