NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the hell is going on this year?  Drake owners are asking if they should be "wasting" a bench spot on Edmonds?  Really? One of the biggest parts of fantasy are owning the game changing handcu

That one lb of muscle makes all the difference.

... i like what you're cooking up here - seems to be crystal clear - Edmonds 'bout to explode ...    

From CBS sports:

"Edmonds has arguably been the Cardinals' best back, dominating passing downs and averaging 6.1 yards per carry the few times Arizona handed him the ball. There have been people calling for Edmonds to get a larger workload for most of the season, and now he should see all he can handle. The last time this happened he was a Fantasy star. In Week 7 of 2019 he carried the ball 27 times for 126 yards and three touchdowns against the New York Giants."

Chase was a smart hold.

Edited by Blazer
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, Buckmcbuck said:

|...] Im not sure he's a lock. But a huge opportunity is in front of him. Hope he seizes it..

Nothing is ever a lock....but coming fresh off a bye week and against a porous run defense like MIA has all owners should be very confident 

2 minutes ago, bowwhizzle said:

I dont see what all the hype is about for the rest of the season.   He'll be rb1 the 2-3 weeks Drake is out then it'll be a 50 50 committee at best for him

There is not much on the interwebs updating Drake's injury, just that he's out a "few weeks" with the knee. However, if Chase studs in a RB#1 roll and the team is winning why would they go back to a 50/50 split? We will just have to wait and see what happens, but Chase is trending up and with the bye it's just more frustrating waiting to to see ..

14 minutes ago, bowwhizzle said:

I dont see what all the hype is about for the rest of the season.   He'll be rb1 the 2-3 weeks Drake is out then it'll be a 50 50 committee at best for him

I don’t see anyone saying that Drake is gonna take over the backfield when Drake comes back, where u see that hype? I can see a 50/50 split also when he returns but at the same time I can see hype for people not wasting a 2nd round pick on Drake and owning Edmonds. Edmonds was drafted in the 14th-15th rds or picked off waivers, so Edmonds owners should be hyped up. If Drake continues missing games due to injuries Chase can possibly be a league winner. Don’t blink.

Edited by Tomei7
4 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I don’t see anyone saying that Drake is gonna take over the backfield when Drake comes back, where u see that hype? I can see a 50/50 split also when he returns but at the same time I can see hype for people not wasting a 2nd round pick on Drake and owning Edmonds. Edmonds was drafted in the 14th-15th rds or picked off waivers, so Edmonds owners should be hyped up. If Drake continues missing games due to injuries Chase can possibly be a league winner. Don’t blink.

I don't think they go to a 50/50 split right away. Not saying Chase becomes a clear F/T factor back, but think the knee will keep Chase getting more touches. Perhaps a 60/40 split in Chase's favor until it's clear Drake is 100 percent. RB knee injury is nothing to discount. Agree Chase could be the steal of this year's draft. Let's hope so! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blazer said:

There is not much on the interwebs updating Drake's injury, just that he's out a "few weeks" with the knee. However, if Chase studs in a RB#1 roll and the team is winning why would they go back to a 50/50 split? We will just have to wait and see what happens, but Chase is trending up and with the bye it's just more frustrating waiting to to see ..

Alot of "ifs" and "we'll sees" and speculation in your statement.

Look at the facts.  Coaches saw Drake as a starter for a reason.  How often does a starter lose his job due to injury mid season?

Drake was getting 80% of the carries pre-injury.   It would take a whole lot to knock him down below 50% once he's healthy.  Everyone is assuming Chase will ball out.  Even so, Coaches dont make decisions based on fantasy numbers.

And "Chase is trending up"? Based on what? Lol...A game hasnt even been played yet 

2 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

I cant even understand what you are saying but  This whole thread is a Chase hype train.

35 minutes ago, bowwhizzle said:

Alot of "ifs" and "we'll sees" and speculation in your statement.

Look at the facts.  Coaches saw Drake as a starter for a reason.  How often does a starter lose his job due to injury mid season?

Drake was getting 80% of the carries pre-injury.   It would take a whole lot to knock him down below 50% once he's healthy.  Everyone is assuming Chase will ball out.  Even so, Coaches dont make decisions based on fantasy numbers.

And "Chase is trending up"? Based on what? Lol...A game hasnt even been played yet 

Have u checked his FF points? Last game was 14+ in std leagues. That would be up from his last game. Last 4 games 40+ FF points with Drake there. It's not like he's some 2 point a week FF scrub getting a chance. The guy can play.

Edited by Blazer
  • Like 2

Chase might not be the league winner in the long run when drake comes back but he's definitely going to help us managers who got him for basically free get to the playoffs its mid-season where you basically start seeing who still has a chance and who's out of the race these type of players make all the difference on getting the edge over your opponents.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

I didn't know running backs can come back from a slight ligament tear of the right ankle in two weeks.  Let alone be able to plant, cut, take all the hits.  I guess Drake is a faster healer than McCaffrey.

"Slight tear" means the same thing as a strain. Just semantics. Grade 1, grade 2, grade 3 strain? Also semantics. Each case is different, every person heals differently. Kenyan Drake is physical cyborg stuck in a crybaby's mind, based off his in-game reaction & now this news.

Then again, Kingsbury can just be talking out of his azz. I'm not too familiar with his track record on injury talk. Anyone care to enlighten if he's another Pete Carroll or is generally truthful & transparent?

• Like 2