NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook

The G Man

4 minutes ago, Deke said:

you really want to have posted this? You’re basically calling Drake bad because these are the performances he’s been putting up all year. 

Not calling Drake bad or good. He's decent. And your assessment is completely wrong, outside of Week 4 & 7. 

Chase carried the rock 25 times .  

The most Kenyan ever got in a single game was 20.  He usually hovers around that 16 + - range. 

And he gets no passes really thrown his way, that's Chase's role as we all know.

So those easy lay ups , dump offs, + PPR doesn't come his way. 

And yes I really wanted to post that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Drake has underperformed this season by the amount of touches he has received with not much production. I knew what the reason was since I watch the games and had a feeling Chase will have the same result...It’s the o-line...plain and simple. The best thing that can happen to Chase is drake sitting out and gets much more involved in the passing game. Chase and Drake are the same imo, both are solid rb’s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Not calling Drake bad or good. He's decent. And your assessment is completely wrong, outside of Week 4 & 7. 

The most Kenyan ever got in a single game was 20.  He usually hovers around that 16 + - range. 

And he gets no passes really thrown his way, that's Chase's role as we all know.

good luck with Drake

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Snarkiness not necessary, but alright.  Obviously didn't work out today, so far the evidence would show Edmonds doubters are right.  I'd like to see how he fares across multiple games, but since football is extremely reactionary with only getting one body of work per week I can't really argue for now that Edmonds is going to perform as I expected.

Happy?

Now admit edmonds will never be half the man Drake is 

• Like 1

Miami was really focused on stopping Edmonds, for some odd reason.

Murray faked it to Edmonds on a few plays and that left wide open receivers or lanes for Murray to run in, because defenders collapsed on Edmonds.

They ran Edmond right up the middle quite a lot.  He did well for the opportunities he had.  Of course we all wanted a TD or two...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

Hopefully people will begin to realize that Drake wasn't the problem. The oline and play calling is. That and the fact that Murray is a vulture. Running qbs are just fantasy black holes. Theyre a drag on everyone near them. 

This is the most important part here. Running QBs vulture a lot of opportunity from the run game. Especially running QBs like Murray, Newton, lamar, Allen who have designed run plays all the time and often around the goal line. But the volume of work is definitely still an upside. He should have some good games when the cardinals are up by a good point total.

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Miami was really focused on stopping Edmonds, for some odd reason.

Murray faked it to Edmonds on a few plays and that left wide open receivers or lanes for Murray to run in, because defenders collapsed on Edmonds.

They ran Edmond right up the middle quite a lot.  He did well for the opportunities he had.  Of course we all wanted a TD or two...

Focused stopping Edmonds?? Defenses collapsed on him?? 😂😂. Gtfoh.  

Did you not see Hopkins final numbers?

One player is the best at his position and the other is a backup.  Guess which player defenses are more worried about?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bowwhizzle said:

One player is the best at his position and the other is a backup.  Guess which player defenses are more worried about?

The level of justification is far reaching 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bowwhizzle said:

Go back and watch the TD pass to Maxx Williams.  Go watch Murray's rushing TD in the fourth quarter.  Then Edmonds's final run.

Then tell me Miami was not focused on shutting Edmonds down.

Edmonds played pretty well, but he received a great deal of defensive attention from a good defense.

11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Go back and watch the TD pass to Maxx Williams.  Go watch Murray's rushing TD in the fourth quarter.  Then Edmonds's final run.

Then tell me Miami was not focused on shutting Edmonds down.

Edmonds played pretty well, but he received a great deal of defensive attention from a good defense.

I didn't get the game, but this wouldn't surprise me if this is how MIA plays everyone with even a decent RB. They have the secondary to limit almost anyone (I read Xavien shadowed Nuk yesterday), letting them focus more on stopping the run (which had been the D's weakness up to this point).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I didn't get the game, but this wouldn't surprise me if this is how MIA plays everyone with even a decent RB. They have the secondary to limit almost anyone (I read Xavien shadowed Nuk yesterday), letting them focus more on stopping the run (which had been the D's weakness up to this point).

Can we please stop with this narrative. Downright silly and makes absolutely 0 sense.

Your’e telling me MIA was trying to stop Chase Edmonds ? Chase who ? 

Their mission was containing Kyler Murray + DHop . Not a freaking backup RB 

Newsflash Fins suck against the run, but are good vs the pass.

The kid still flopped. 

Edited by RunCMC

10 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Okay so I'm going to guess at your point here.  Chase is better because he carried the ball 25 times this week compared to Drake maxing out at 20?  You realize Drake didn't play right?  If Chase was hurt and Drake was 100% he probably gets the 25 carries as well.

I'm in the Chase Edmonds is better camp myself.  But this logic is omitting important facts.

2 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Okay so I'm going to guess at your point here.  Chase is better because he carried the ball 25 times this week compared to Drake maxing out at 20?  You realize Drake didn't play right?  If Chase was hurt and Drake was 100% he probably gets the 25 carries as well.

I'm in the Chase Edmonds is better camp myself.  But this logic is omitting important facts.

I think he's saying that Chase got even more opportunity than Drake and still flopped.

• Like 1