Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

So I’m confused who’s better, Drake or Edmonds? Or do both of them suck because of the midget?

 

Yeah Kyler unlike pocket QBs just takes off instead of checking down.  So his RBs lose out on those points, which especially hurts in PPR.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the hell is going on this year?  Drake owners are asking if they should be "wasting" a bench spot on Edmonds?  Really? One of the biggest parts of fantasy are owning the game changing handcu

That one lb of muscle makes all the difference.

... i like what you're cooking up here - seems to be crystal clear - Edmonds 'bout to explode ...    

57 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

 

I think he's saying that Chase got even more opportunity than Drake and still flopped.

 

Thank you good sir.

56 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

 

Yeah, that Dolphins Defense is under rated.

 

They’re great against the pass, terrible vs the run. Moot point in regards to Chase’s performance. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

 

Thank you good sir.

 

They’re great against the pass, terrible vs the run. Moot point in regards to Chase’s performance. 

 

 

The Dolphins rush defense isn't as bad as you'd like to think and they are improving in this area.  Outside of James Robinson & Chris Carson the only other RB to break 10 points against them was Chase Edmonds at 10.30 points.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

 

The Dolphins rush defense isn't as bad as you'd like to think and they are improving in this area.  Outside of James Robinson & Chris Carson the only other RB to break 10 points against them was Chase Edmonds at 10.30 points.

 

12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The Dolphins run D looked just fine to me last night.  Edmonds still managed to get positive yardage on most of his runs.

 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-rushing-yards-per-game

25th in the league. That’s bad

Fins are downright awful against the run.

They haven’t even faced a great RB yet. So far the teams they've played are NE, BUF, JAX, SEA, SF, NYJ, LAR , ARI.

Name me one elite back from those teams ... I’ll wait. Chris Carson is the best of the bunch.

Hemorrhaging yards on the ground to a bunch of jags.

Can’t even imagine the massacre that would ensue if they vsed  CMC, Kamara, Henry, or Cook to name a few. 

Edited by RunCMC
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

So I’m confused who’s better, Drake or Edmonds? Or do both of them suck because of the midget?

Both of their ceilings are certainly hard-capped due to Murray, because he is currently taking off and running (successfully) instead of dumping off to the RB and because he's going to eat up a ton of rushing TDs for this team. 

On top of that it seems like Arizona has 2 fast, elusive, RBs with good hands who like to do damage in space and Kingsbury and his staff have looked at them and thought "whoever the starter is, let's use him like prime Jamal Lewis and run them up the gut 15 times a game". I'm not sure they both suck, but whoever the starter is, for whatever reason, the staff seems intent on using them in a way that doesn't match their strengths. This is especially confusing because JUST LAST SEASON we saw both of these guys be extremely productive at various times getting in space and utilizing short receptions. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like drake owners pilling in to keep hope alive that their 1st round pick wont be a bust. Edmonds did an okay job considering the QB ran for 100 yrs and a TD. If you think drake will be a RB1 when he comes back with murray and edmonds around you're delusional at this point

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guwop said:

looks like drake owners pilling in to keep hope alive that their 1st round pick wont be a bust. Edmonds did an okay job considering the QB ran for 100 yrs and a TD. If you think drake will be a RB1 when he comes back with murray and edmonds around you're delusional at this point

lol. When Drake gets a ton of touches and is mediocre with them all his owners are like "eh...he did an ok job" while all the Edmonds owners are there saying "Look at Edmonds's efficiency! He should be the RB1!". Now Edmonds is the RB1 and he gets a ton of touches and is mediocre and you're in here saying "eh...he did an ok job but that Drake guy sure sucked". Ok. suuuuuure. 

It might be the situation and the playcalling, guys. Might not matter if it's Drake OR Edmonds. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, yossarian said:

lol. When Drake gets a ton of touches and is mediocre with them all his owners are like "eh...he did an ok job" while all the Edmonds owners are there saying "Look at Edmonds's efficiency! He should be the RB1!". Now Edmonds is the RB1 and he gets a ton of touches and is mediocre and you're in here saying "eh...he did an ok job but that Drake guy sure sucked". Ok. suuuuuure. 

It might be the situation and the playcalling, guys. Might not matter if it's Drake OR Edmonds. 

 

i was never a part of the drake sucks camp and as a kyler murray owner i agreed with him limiting the RBs ceiling. Just pointing out how defensive, hypocritical, and biased drake owners are being when the shoe is on the other foot. As long as kyler and both drake/edmonds are healthy both RBs ceilings are capped. Drake owners celebrating edmonds only getting 70 yrds (and remaining healthy) while kyler got 100 and a TD (knowing he will continue to get most of the rushing work) is amusing. Benching or flexing edmonds when drake comes back wont hurt as badly as drake having flex value upon return but go off tho lol

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guwop said:

 

i was never a part of the drake sucks camp and as a kyler murray owner i agreed with him limiting the RBs ceiling. Just pointing out how defensive, hypocritical, and biased drake owners are being when the shoe is on the other foot. As long as kyler and both drake/edmonds are healthy both RBs ceilings are capped. Drake owners celebrating edmonds only getting 70 yrds (and remaining healthy) while kyler got 100 and a TD (knowing he will continue to get most of the rushing work) is amusing. 

I think both camps are trying to take from this what they can to prove the value of their commodity. I think we might just be seeing that the RB1, regardless of who he is, in this offense with this QB will just be...meh. A good amount of touches, not terribly efficient, and low likely hood of a TD unless they manage to break a long one. 

spacer.png

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2020 at 4:37 PM, cdd10 said:

Bro i'm just throwing out the numbers.

On 11/8/2020 at 4:37 PM, cdd10 said:

They've gave up the 10th most rushing TD's and allow the 4th most Y/A rushing.


Random numbers without context is not a great idea IMO.
Oh and Im not your bro. Not a fan of the disrespectful ghetto sleng.

On 11/8/2020 at 4:37 PM, cdd10 said:

I'm just saying I would hestitate to say they are #1 ranked RUSH DEF.

 

So it is a good thing then that I specifically said the #1 OVERALL.D.
See, context matters.

On 11/8/2020 at 4:37 PM, cdd10 said:

Every team has ran the ball well against the Dolphins when they do it.


Really?
And you must have missed this too.

On 11/8/2020 at 4:30 PM, JCD said:

they allowed #5 NE to run all over them in the 1st game, as they used 6 different players to rush including 75 yds and 2 TDs by the QB


And what happened?
Same thing..QB rushed a lot, RB failed miserably, because of the same read option game plan, that works vs Miami.
So how bad is the Miami def vs the Run? They allowed 178 (!) yds rushing. That is bad.
Yeah but only 72 yds on 26 carries to the RBs, which is great.
See? Context matters.
And no reason to get all upset.again when someone tells you that you are mistaken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Guwop said:

 

and the drake train never got started. At least edmonds didn't cost me a 1st round pick lol

 

This one still stings me today. Drake and his supposed monster PPR floor.

I got hoaxed lol.

Ehh you win some you lose some, as long as the outcome is income 😛

No but on a serious note, lets all be honest here. Neither Drake or Edmonds are all that special. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

The toxicity in the this and the Drake thread is almost unbearable. 

At the end of the day Edmonds did not do anything this game to separate himself from Drake. If Drake comes back next game, he will go back to being a TD dependent RB2, and Edmonds will probably go back to being a flex play at best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Gonzo said:

The toxicity in the this and the Drake thread is almost unbearable. 

At the end of the day Edmonds did not do anything this game to separate himself from Drake. If Drake comes back next game, he will go back to being a TD dependent RB2, and Edmonds will probably go back to being a flex play at best.

Yeah not sure what the beef is in these threads. Edmonds has been flex worthy most of the year. I flexed him this past week, as he was a solid play, and he had a fine line for a flex. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guwop said:

 

and the drake train never got started. At least edmonds didn't cost me a 1st round pick lol

Drake a first rd pick?  Talk about exaggerating...aint nobody did that

 

 

But I can see clearly now Edmonds is carrying all those lucky owners who got him off waivers to the championship!😂😂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty predictable that this guy was going to flop when all the talking heads were touting him as can't miss and he was being ranked as high as #5 for the week.

What's really frustrating is that Kyler just gets all the chunk gains while they run Edmonds straight up the gut.

Being a RB with a running QB just limits the upside - so the Cards, Ravens, Bills, Pats...in the future these are situations I'll avoid.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bowwhizzle said:

Drake a first rd pick?  Talk about exaggerating...aint nobody did that

 

 

But I can see clearly now Edmonds is carrying all those lucky owners who got him off waivers to the championship!😂😂

 

 

stop it he was going late 1st early 2nd waaaaaaaay before edmonds was even being looked at no other reason drake owners would be this upset week after week but you got it

Edited by Guwop
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JCD said:


Random numbers without context is not a great idea IMO.
Oh and Im not your bro. Not a fan of the disrespectful ghetto sleng.

 

So it is a good thing then that I specifically said the #1 OVERALL.D.
See, context matters.


Really?
And you must have missed this too.


And what happened?
Same thing..QB rushed a lot, RB failed miserably, because of the same read option game plan, that works vs Miami.
So how bad is the Miami def vs the Run? They allowed 178 (!) yds rushing. That is bad.
Yeah but only 72 yds on 26 carries to the RBs, which is great.
See? Context matters.
And no reason to get all upset.again when someone tells you that you are mistaken.

Yes my point was proven. MIA rush defense sucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CooL said:

Pretty predictable that this guy was going to flop when all the talking heads were touting him as can't miss and he was being ranked as high as #5 for the week.

What's really frustrating is that Kyler just gets all the chunk gains while they run Edmonds straight up the gut.

Being a RB with a running QB just limits the upside - so the Cards, Ravens, Bills, Pats...in the future these are situations I'll avoid.

 

Zack Moss is starting to give solid value esp at his ADP but yes good point

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenyan Drake (ankle) returned to practice Wednesday.

Coach Kliff Kingsbury called Drake "day-to-day." The return to practice is a good sign for Drake's Week 10 chances. Drake would form a committee with Chase Edmonds if he returns against the Bills. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

It won't be a committe. If Drake is healthy, he's the lead back and Chase returns to the Chase Edmonds role lol


Agree the odds are that Drake is the lead back again but it is still somewhat of a committee.  Snap counts favored Drake 60-40ish.  
 

ironically they were almost equal in terms of fantasy points despite that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...