NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the hell is going on this year?  Drake owners are asking if they should be "wasting" a bench spot on Edmonds?  Really? One of the biggest parts of fantasy are owning the game changing handcu

That one lb of muscle makes all the difference.

... i like what you're cooking up here - seems to be crystal clear - Edmonds 'bout to explode ...    

We're just going to have to wait - as of now there's no indication that Drake's job is in trouble from the people that matter (the coaching staff). Edmonds' status until that changes is the same: a high upside cuff, aka a luxury. Drake has the speed and ability to shut the door on all of this talk right-quick by just breaking one big run. If he keeps getting crries it will happen eventually. I would not break the bank to get Edmonds right now, although I'm wouldn't drop him yet if you drafted him or picked up him up cheap. Edmonds' "perceived" value is at a peak right now because of Drake's lackluster play. 

I'm a Drake fan (was hoping to land him but failed)  - really wish I had both backs ATM so I could just kick back and see how it plays out. On that topic if you think you like the idea of unloading Drake you'll likely get the best deal out of Edmonds owners more than anyone else right now.

I'm hopeful we hear some rumor-mill stuff about what the coaching staff may be thinking later in the week, but unfortunately I don't think it will be tonight before waivers open.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, TheBridge2011 said:

With Drake’s struggles, does that limit his upside any? It does seem like Edmonds is more involved in the passing game already.

I need some WR help and wondering if now might be a good time to sell.

Neither of Drake nor Edmonds are looking all that great.  Chase being younger and not having as much opportunity at this point warrants more touches but I just don't know if either of them are going to do much better than the other.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What I'm nervous about is that the coaching staff doesn't think it's a drake problem as opposed to an offensive problem in general. If that's the case I don't see them going away from the guy they paid. Sure wish edmunds would get his time again tho. They saw what he could do last year, I'm not sure why they bought on drake (even tho he was very good for them). 

8 hours ago, Rotocious said:

Neither of Drake nor Edmonds are looking all that great.  Chase being younger and not having as much opportunity at this point warrants more touches but I just don't know if either of them are going to do much better than the other.

Yea I'm very perplexed. Keep edmunds and possibly have a league winner... Or sell him and get rid of the headache and possibility that neither of them are all that useful....i think I'll shoot for the highest upside scenario, however. Which I believe is keeping Edmunds stashed. If drake blows up next week then, is what it is. 

1 minute ago, Mrmann1 said:

Yea I'm very perplexed. Keep edmunds and possibly have a league winner... Or sell him and get rid of the headache and possibility that neither of them are all that useful....i think I'll shoot for the highest upside scenario, however. Which I believe is keeping Edmunds stashed. If drake blows up next week then, is what it is. 

Yup, I doubt you'd get more than a low end WR3 for Edmonds, so might as well hold at this stage, if he got the starters job he'd be a RB2 minimum.

• Like 1

I can’t believe there are people here actually thinking of dropping him. You’ve held on to him waiting for injury or ineffectiveness. And now that it is brewing...you are thinking NOW to drop? Huh?!

• Like 1