NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook

12 hours ago, Mrmann1 said:

Yea I'm very perplexed. Keep edmunds and possibly have a league winner... Or sell him and get rid of the headache and possibility that neither of them are all that useful....i think I'll shoot for the highest upside scenario, however. Which I believe is keeping Edmunds stashed. If drake blows up next week then, is what it is. 

The upside is certainly there if Drake finds himself on the IR for an extended period.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the hell is going on this year?  Drake owners are asking if they should be "wasting" a bench spot on Edmonds?  Really? One of the biggest parts of fantasy are owning the game changing handcu

That one lb of muscle makes all the difference.

... i like what you're cooking up here - seems to be crystal clear - Edmonds 'bout to explode ...    

13 hours ago, CooL said:

I can’t believe there are people here actually thinking of dropping him. You’ve held on to him waiting for injury or ineffectiveness. And now that it is brewing...you are thinking NOW to drop? Huh?!

I agree, but we're into bye weeks and COVID stuff now, so some people will be facing some tough decisions. That's the only reason though, and there's no way I'd be dropping.

16 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Yeah, you need to hold Edmonds with how things are trending. As it stands he's almost a Kareem-Hunt-lite (pre-Chubb-injury) as a borderline startable FLEX handcuff.

That's just it - in 0.5PPR he's already been RB21 (wk1) and RB20 (wk4). Of course he did nothing in wks 2 and 3, but he might do a job as bye week cover even if things don't change.

• Like 1

one thing to keep in mind regarding Drake ... Kliff can't afford to trot him out there and give him the lion's share if he is, indeed, hurt more than they're letting on. 

he's coaching for his future and legacy here - this is still more an offensive hypothesis than a philosophy for the NFL ... sorta like Chipster Kelly's tenure in Philly. 

they just dropped two very winnable games ... games they were favored in - when one looks at the sched, they had two very tough defenses (SF, WFT) to start with, and they executed to the tune of 2-0 ... then it was all like  "ZOMG!!1!11! SCHED GETS TASTY NOW WITH LIONS/PANTHERS/JETS!!1!!11111!1!"

well, guess what?  

they are in danger of going 0-3 in that stretch ... think it can't hapoen?  sure, the J-E-T-SJETSJETSJETS! are pure trash, but they will be coming in well rested from last week's Thursday game, they stayed at home, Bell back ... who knows - it's not a "gimme" by any stretch, especially if the offense continues to stagnate. 

Kliff has been chirping all week about getting the run game, specifically Drake, untracked ... i consider that a gauntlet drop for the starter - either get chit going, or ride the pine while we try the other cat (Edmonds).

so, yeah ... i really don't buy the Drake injury narrative - they (Kliff) cannot afford to be cute here - if Drake falters early on this week i am quite sure we will see a very steady dose of Chase. 

it's basically "put up or shut up" time for the incumbent. 

Interesting to see if this Jets game even happens. 

Unless Drake gets hurt I don't think he sees more than the back half of a timeshare and at best a 50/50 split.  I would imagine drake is gone after the year and assuming they don't sign someone else(which is a big assumption) I think 2021 could be a great year.  Keeper and Dynasty league players I would try to buy now. 

On 10/9/2020 at 11:41 AM, GottaGetTheWin said:

Unless Drake gets hurt I don't think he sees more than the back half of a timeshare and at best a 50/50 split.  I would imagine drake is gone after the year and assuming they don't sign someone else(which is a big assumption) I think 2021 could be a great year.  Keeper and Dynasty league players I would try to buy now. 

Pretty sure they're going to draft a true workhorse. Chase isn't that good, otherwise they wouldn't have given Drake the starting role. 

4 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Pretty sure they're going to draft a true workhorse. Chase isn't that good, otherwise they wouldn't have given Drake the starting role. 

Doubt they use a high pick on a Rb when they got so many other holes to fill on offense and defense. Chase will get his chance. If he fails then Eno will get a chance or they sign one of the free agents next year

37 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Nah, like the above poster said, Cards have way to many holes to draft a true workhorse, especially a gd one early in the draft. FYI Chase is better than Drake, they acquired Drake after Edmonds got hurt last yr. Drake is making 8.4m this yr compared to Edmonds contract of 2.9m, that’s why Drake is the starter as of now, but that will change quickly if Drake continues to flake. I don’t see Drake being a part of this team next yr, so with him struggling week by week Cards will start to feed Chase which could def be the future for them in this Air Raid offense, they need to see if he can handle the load, which Kingsbury already stated recently that Chase is a starting RB in this league.

• Thanks 1
On 10/9/2020 at 11:41 AM, GottaGetTheWin said:

I'm thinking the exact opposite. So many people at the moment are down on Drake, and by default see a path to fantasy stardom for Edmonds. His value is as high as ever.

Edmonds is yet to face a stacked front this year, and is averaging only 1.3 yards per carry against base fronts and 4 yards per carry against light fronts. He's still the same undersized back he has always been, and has to contend with both Murray (a TD vulture) and Drake (even if his performance has been underwhelming).

I think the Cards are out of their minds if they go into 2021 with a backfield of Edmonds (who will be in the final year of his deal) and Eno Benjamin (a 7th round rookie with 0 career carries). Finding a guy to truly take advantage of light defensive fronts should be near the top of their priorities.

2 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Nah, like the above poster said, Cards have way to many holes to draft a true workhorse, especially a gd one early in the draft. FYI Chase is better than Drake, they acquired Drake after Edmonds got hurt last yr. Drake is making 8.4m this yr compared to Edmonds contract of 2.9m, that’s why Drake is the starter as of now, but that will change quickly if Drake continues to flake. I don’t see Drake being a part of this team next yr, so with him struggling week by week Cards will start to feed Chase which could def be the future for them in this Air Raid offense, they need to see if he can handle the load, which Kingsbury already stated recently that Chase is a starting RB in this league.

👆 If anyone in your league believes this, now's your chance to see what he might be willing to deal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

I'm thinking the exact opposite. So many people at the moment are down on Drake, and by default see a path to fantasy stardom for Edmonds. His value is as high as ever.

Edmonds is yet to face a stacked front this year, and is averaging only 1.3 yards per carry against base fronts and 4 yards per carry against light fronts. He's still the same undersized back he has always been, and has to contend with both Murray (a TD vulture) and Drake (even if his performance has been underwhelming).

I think the Cards are out of their minds if they go into 2021 with a backfield of Edmonds (who will be in the final year of his deal) and Eno Benjamin (a 7th round rookie with 0 career carries). Finding a guy to truly take advantage of light defensive fronts should be near the top of their priorities.

👆 If anyone in your league believes this, now's your chance to see what he might be willing to deal.

Yea. Honestly I was rethinking it. I posted somewhere else. If I can get decent value in a dynasty Trade is probably pull the trigger. I don’t see the cards not bringing someone in next year. 

1 hour ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Undersized? 🤔....that means almost every starting RB in the league are undersized.

Alvin Kamara: 5’10” 215

Aaron Jones: 5’9” 208

C McCaffrey: 5’11” 205

Clyde Edwards: 5’7” 207

Dalvin Cook: 5’10” 210

Kareem Hunt: 5’11” 216

D Singletary: 5’7” 203

A Ekeler: 5’10” 200

Kenyan Drake: 6’1” 211

Chase Edmonds: 5’9” 210

Chase Edmonds is not an undersized RB like u say he is. Kliff Kingsbury has already stated that Edmonds is a starting RB in the league, he took over the backfield last year over David Johnson. They’ve invested into Drake only because of the injury last year to Edmonds, they actually made the trade with Miami within 24hrs of that injury. Like I said before Az has holes way more important than a “so called RB to take advantage of light fronts”, they need interior OLINE and many other important needs than a RB. The way things look is that Chase Edmonds will be their guy in 2021 (and probably even this year real soon) along with another to spell him, the other will be either Eno, late 2021 draft pick, or a free agent. Only thing Chase Edmonds needs is more opportunity and it’s a wrap, just like  all the guys in the list above 👆🏼 except Drake.

Edited by Tomei7
On 10/9/2020 at 2:30 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he's coaching for his future and legacy here - this is still more an offensive hypothesis than a philosophy for the NFL ... sorta like Chipster Kelly's tenure in Philly.

I just wanted to congratulate and thank you for using that word correctly instead of throwing out 'theory,' something that's irked me over the years here.

On topic, one Cardinals back is trending up, while the other is trending down.  You don't let go of Edmonds for whatever reason now, he's a potential league winner and there's always going to be someone more disposable than that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kdko said:

I just wanted to congratulate and thank you for using that word correctly instead of throwing out 'theory,' something that's irked me over the years here.

On topic, one Cardinals back is trending up, while the other is trending down.  You don't let go of Edmonds for whatever reason now, he's a potential league winner and there's always going to be someone more disposable than that.

My theory is, this is still Drake’s backfield. 

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Agreed. It’s still early in the season, but there has been zero reason to drop Chase. I thought last weekend would be the end all for Drake but this could be a on going scenario, I think a injury has to happen at this point. Regardless, Chase is a top handcuff to hang onto.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, RunCMC said:

100% agree.  Chase does have a stronger chance than most backup RB's in the NFL to take the starting role though.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, brosephd said:

it's only a matter of time.

Don't know. When they needed Drake to get yards at the end, he delivered.

Sucks that Drake got 19 touches. I just don't see a way for Edmonds to take over completely. Didn't Edmonds get stopped on third and 1? I think Drake has the short yardage and goal line work locked up

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat