NBC Sports EDGE Forums

8/20 - GAME DAY THREAD

Fuzzy_Slippers

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

What is your point? That they did something incredibly stupid but because they got lucky and nobody was hurt that the team should ignore the fact Clevinger stood in front of them and lied to their faces and betrayed their trust so it's no big deal?

For better or worse, Cleveland has made it very clear they take character and team dynamics seriously. Even before this year. Pissing off your team to the point multiple players were reportedly extremely angry or even threatening to opt out is a big deal on any team, but especially one that takes team chemistry/behavior as seriously as the Indians. 

If they had just gone out I think this would have been a smaller issue. Still a big one, but I think they would have just about been past it by now. But Clevinger standing before the team and lying his a** off threw gasoline on a small fire. 

When did Mike lied to his teammates? My understanding Clevinger didn’t lied to his teammates. He just wasn’t truthful 
I will agree those two cause a riff and definitely broke protocol and there should be consequences for there actions. 

My point this virus is tricky and they have no idea why one hospital employee gets sick while another one doesn’t. 

After several days, one of the health-care providers stuck a tube down the woman’s throat and hooked her up to a ventilator. Eleven days later, she tested positive for the virus. Sure enough, the two hospital workers did, too. But how to explain 15 other nurses and therapists — each involved in procedures that would have filled the air with the patient’s infectious particles — who did not?

Just remember so far as of today nobody has tested positive. Should Cleveland and the players forgive these two? That is not up to me to determine. .

46 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

When did Mike lied to his teammates? My understanding Clevinger didn’t lied to his teammates. He just wasn’t truthful 
I will agree those two cause a riff and definitely broke protocol and there should be consequences for there actions. 

My point this virus is tricky and they have no idea why one hospital employee gets sick while another one doesn’t. 

After several days, one of the health-care providers stuck a tube down the woman’s throat and hooked her up to a ventilator. Eleven days later, she tested positive for the virus. Sure enough, the two hospital workers did, too. But how to explain 15 other nurses and therapists — each involved in procedures that would have filled the air with the patient’s infectious particles — who did not?

Just remember so far as of today nobody has tested positive. Should Cleveland and the players forgive these two? That is not up to me to determine. .

Why does it matter if the virus is tricky? Should that not just further support the idea that they need to be careful?

I’m a bit confused by the italicized part. Did I miss something from earlier in the thread - where is that from?  Of course we don’t understand everything with this virus, but the incident you describe could have so many variables affecting those individuals it would blow your mind. The individual could have ignored proper protocol, forgotten a part of it, been in worse health (overweight, sleep-deprived, ate terribly, smoked, low vit d status, etc etc).

why does it matter if anyone tested positive?  It’s the intent and selfish action that matters.  If someone recklessly pulls out a gun and it accidentally fires at you or you sleep with someone who lies about having HIV, sure it’s better that you not get shot or catch HIV but you’re still pissed off, it’s completely negligent, and any trust you had is destroyed.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

I can see the locker room apology now. "Hey guys, I didn't technically lie. I just deliberately and willfully mislead you from the truth, and hid my actions from all of you when being upfront could have prevented a lot of grief, but instead decided to try burying my actions and potentially endangering the lives of some people with the team. But it's cool, because technically I didn't lie, so just relax a bit, yeah?"

Eta not everyone exposed to a virus will get it. This is not a new phenomenon just discovered by covid.

Edited by AnonymousRob
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1