NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

paulwall29

13 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Typical people falling for mid-week news about how an RB situation isn't what it seems, when we all know McKinnon is gonna dominate the backfield with Mostert out. 

Just go ahead and don't start him, and watch the fantasy points pile up on your bench.

You must not have experienced owning any 49'er backs last season.  

• Haha 3

I try to avoid the hype trains but I've always loved this player and I've been holding onto him all season in one league just waiting for this day.  This guy has the best three-down skillset of any of the 49ers backs (this includes Mostert) and while he won't get goal line he should be able to go hog wild if used.  

Choo choo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I try to avoid the hype trains but I've always loved this player and I've been holding onto him all season in one league just waiting for this day.  This guy has the best three-down skillset of any of the 49ers backs (this includes Mostert) and while he won't get goal line he should be able to go hog wild if used.  

Choo choo.

I also love the McKinnon...

I got a cool story ... two years ago When Jet signed with the Ninerz my third round pick was him... he got himself injured that day (torn ACL?) after I clicked on draft this player one of my teammates wrote “didn’t you see the news McKinnon is out for the year”

mckinnon is in my lineup... rolling the dice let’s go 

12 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Choo choo.

"all season" = 2 weeks 

Trent Williams with some high praise on Jet.

“It’s hard to even think he’s human sometimes after watching him,”

“I’ve never seen anybody work on the level with Adrian Peterson and bring the same intensity to the workout, until he himself brought Jet down there. Jet works like a machine. That’s why I can’t imagine him on the field and not being a breakout player and not being that guy who can carry the load as an every-down back.”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kco734 said:

Trent Williams with some high praise on Jet.

“It’s hard to even think he’s human sometimes after watching him,”

“I’ve never seen anybody work on the level with Adrian Peterson and bring the same intensity to the workout, until he himself brought Jet down there. Jet works like a machine. That’s why I can’t imagine him on the field and not being a breakout player and not being that guy who can carry the load as an every-down back.”

This man gets it

• Haha 2

It's definitely hard to take this thread seriously at the moment but in an attempt to stay on topic I think he'll get roughly 15 touches in the game (10 rushes 5 catches). I do think Wilson was an excellent pickup this week because he will get the GL carries and he is quite good at converting them. For McKinnon to have a big day he will have to score from 20+ - no stops at the 5 or closer. Actually Wilson comes in 1st and Goal IIRC - so he needs no stops from the 10 or closer at least.

I'm starting both - on various teams - this week. Considering the matchup + situation it's a good start for both imo.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1

Not sure if too start him over gurley.... this is how I see it l.

NFC WEST

seattle 2-0

cardinals 2-0

rams 2-0

49ers 1-1

with a loss this week and 2 out of 3 if not all 3 of the above winning severely ruins the 49ers chance of making the playoffs.  

This Sunday is a must win vs. the giants ,   they giving some more rest for kittle , jimmy g, and some others but they would have to lean heavy on mcckinnon too win this game and the qb mullens loves to target 🎯 his pass catching rbs, so with the injuries to the wide receivers the jet should get anywhere from 6-9 targets and a bunch of runs.  I hope 🤞 I’m right 

8 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Yes but we don’t know if that RB will be him or Wilson. 

I agree that Wilson will be running the ball too (probably goal line carries too) but everything I’ve read leads me to believe that McKinnon will be the rb catching passes.

Mostert on McKinnon - "You can line him up at slot. His pass-catching is unbelievable, route-running. He works on those types of things, but then he's also transitioned to being a smooth runner.

"I remember the first year he got here; he knew the routes. He knew the route trees for the receivers and running backs, and he's perfecting that. But he didn't really have a full grasp as a runner."